Deep Breath, let's look what we got thus far

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think a lot of these dudes are Quinn specials. I know you were big on that 2 gap DE player heading into this draft and I think we got a pair in Osi / Gholson. Parsons is the LBr that can fly and we got a long CB.

I hope they don't think Osi is playing DT in base downs at the next level...he'll get killed.
Watch the tape on Osi, despite his size, he holds up real well inside.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tweener. Pure rotational type.
Osa is probably playing 600+ snaps here just because we use a 4T. He is a good fit for that with his length and strength. Gallimore with his short arms isnt playing that spot. If we move on fron Quinn, the Osa and Gallimore may be a bit redundant

morasp

Reaction score
I said this before the draft but I don't think they're looking for a two gapping 1T, I think it's more of a one gap scheme with guys that can win one on one. On passing downs they will probably try Golston inside to create some pressure.

Overview
Base end prospect for a 4-3 defense with potential to reduce inside for sub-packages. Golston has added good weight on his frame since coming to Iowa, but holding the point of attack and setting a strong edge will be a challenge for him due to his lack of play strength. While his rush off the edge is ordinary, he flashes as a disruptive interior rusher able to slip into gaps and make some noise. There are some physical traits to work with, so he could find work if he can add more strength and keep improving his rush.
Strengths
  • Named to 2020 Iowa Leadership Group.
  • Added 40 pounds of good weight during his time at Iowa.
  • Long wingspan with enormous hands.
  • Has opportunity to elevate his play with quicker hands.
  • Shows ability to turn and skinny-up into the B-gap.
  • Uses stab-and-slap move around the edge.
  • Jump-cuts into inside counter.
  • Shows some life as reduced rusher.
  • Can slap and pull himself around the guard with his length.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
They were going to draft Milton Williams, who had similar size, but lacked the length, which Oggy does possess. Strength/Length are huge inside the trenches. Jay Ratliff played will as a 3-4 NT around the same weight.
Only for around 2 years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Osa is probably playing 600+ snaps here just because we use a 4T. He is a good fit for that with his length and strength. Gallimore with his short arms isnt playing that spot. If we move on fron Quinn, the Osa and Gallimore may be a bit redundant

Agree. I like him as a strong side DE that kicks inside but don’t like him as a full time DT...doesn’t have the build.

We just drafted a a space eater from Kentucky in the 6th...could be that dude if he develops.

Then you let Gally and Osa eat from the 3T spot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree. I like him as a strong side DE that kicks inside but don’t like him as a full time DT...doesn’t have the build.

We just drafted a a space eater from Kentucky in the 6th...could be that dude if he develops.

Then you let Gally and Osa eat from the 3T spot.
I think he has room for a few more pounds. Wont be big, but I can see him at 290 or so. Id tier him around where Gallimore was. Both are kind of weird DT prospects, but the type that can be productive

Bohannon is going to be interesting. I never assume a 6th is going to produce, but I have a hard time not seeing him at least as a role player. I think he has the ability right now for 15 or so snaps a game

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think he has room for a few more pounds. Wont be big, but I can see him at 290 or so. Id tier him around where Gallimore was. Both are kind of weird DT prospects, but the type that can be productive

Bohannon is going to be interesting. I never assume a 6th is going to produce, but I have a hard time not seeing him at least as a role player. I think he has the ability right now for 15 or so snaps a game

Gally was 304 as a prospect...so adding another 10 pounds or so wasn’t a big deal for him. He’s like right around the minimum size for a DT.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't think you need to be a 300 lber to be a 3T

You don't have to be, but I'd rather draft the norm than the exception in the top 100. We already have a 3T in Gallimore who was a better prospect as a natural 3T.

If we're drafting this dude to try and upgrade Gally it's a terrible pick. If we're drafting him to be a Crawford type than I think it's a better pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't have to be, but I'd rather draft the norm than the exception in the top 100. We already have a 3T in Gallimore who was a better prospect as a natural 3T.

If we're drafting this dude to try and upgrade Gally it's a terrible pick. If we're drafting him to be a Crawford type than I think it's a better pick.
I don't think they are looking to upgrade Gallimore, at least not here. What is likely is the will have him at 4T in formations where they have a 1T, 3T, 4T with an LDE and a Leo flanking. As well as a another 3T with Gallimore in more traditional passing down formations where you have two players in a 3 gap