Deep snapper Jake McQuaide out for the season

tayloner

Reaction score
Well, bummer. The only positive news here is that, with McQuaide going to IR and the new guys being signed to the PS, we don't have to cut anyone from the roster to sign Will Grier for this week (since he's all out of practice squad elevations).

Best to McQuaide, hope for a quick recovery, seemed to fit well into Bones' team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So we just added another pro bowler to our practice squad.

This front office, man. Furley sniffs all around.

Found an article that talked about him having some high and low snaps and even bouncing at least one, which may have contributed to the Colts cutting him. Hopefully, he can step in and get the job done, but the younger guy might be an intriguing long-term option. Biggest issue with him is that he's a little on the smallish side at 230 pounds.

slick325

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. The continuity of the LS, PK and P is important. Losing Tormund of Game of Thrones could be huge for Maher and Anger.

Luckily, Dallas has Jerry Jones at GM. I'm certain he planned for this such thing and has a short list of long snappers that are as good or better than Jake McQuaide.

conner01

Reaction score
I know a lot can go wrong with long snaps but it was always puzzling to me why a center couldn't profect it and save a roster spot.
It’s really hard to perfect and totally different than a shotgun snap
I’ve always wondered why more guys don’t work on it though. Easiest job in the nfl because they can’t hit you lol

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't some other team sign LP after we released him? Or am I dreaming that? o_O

conner01

Reaction score
Is long snapping really so niche/difficult that it requires a roster spot just to perform that one function? Nice gig, if you can get it.
I’d love the job
Any position they can’t hit you, I’m in lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
When did he tare the triceps. I have torn both triceps tendons off the bone. It hurts. My left one I tore the tendon and a bunch triceps. Looks disfigured but works.