Def Backs get Dallas beat again.

alancdc

Reaction score
Biggems;2470607 said:
they were awesome today, except for a handful of plays. Even though Newman got beat on that long pass, he was still stride for stride with his man.

the pittsburgh secondary left our players wide open all game. Unfortunately Romo had his head up his butt. He forced so many throws, some were intercepted. He missed a wide open Williams in the end zone. In the first half, he was high or long on several passes, where he had open receiviers.

Tend to agree with you. We had 5 turnovers and a potched punt and we gave up 13 points. They had short fields all day and couldn't score. The Newman play on 3rd and 16 was a big one, but I thought our D played great certainly given the FP they were dealing with. In fact, the way the D is playing gives me hope that we will be, at least, in the last 3 games with a chance to win all 3.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Powerdad23;2470564 said:
Newman, Henry...you can count on them getting beat to cost the game every week. Nobody has worse corners than Dalllas.

Newman got beat deep. Everything at the end was Wade changed the defense from something that worked to what was probably a prevent defense.

The only thing a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. From what I saw Newman got beat for one play. Yes it was a big one and yes it hurts but EVERY corner gets beat once in a while. There is no such thing as a corner who never allows any completions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2472939 said:
Wow. From what I saw Newman got beat for one play. Yes it was a big one and yes it hurts but EVERY corner gets beat once in a while. There is no such thing as a corner who never allows any completions.

There must be since so many get their panties in a wad if he gives up a play. Evidently there must be some CB out there who just never gets beat. I have yet to see that CB but he must exist for Newman to catch this type of hell.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
1 play... never mind the passes they broke up, the great tackle Hamlin had at the goalline either.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Actually, the coverage forced several sacks.

We should have been blitzing on 3 and 16. But we sat back and allowed Big Ben to go deep.

Newman made a bad read, but that read isn't even an issue if you continue to attack Roethlisberger.

We got conservative down the stretch, in a play calling on defense. That's your ball game. :(

DTK

Reaction score
dbair1967;2471104 said:
again, how did it change the game? did you quit watching after that or something?
While I don't think the corners cost us the game, that play was HUGE.

Even they don't convert there, they are forced to punt into the wind thus giving us good field position. Instead they continue the drive and yes we had a great goalline stand. But when we punted Holmes returned it to the 25 and they ended up getting 3 points out of that, making it 13-6 and a one score game.

What should have happened is us getting good field position and the chance to get another score, putting us up say 16-3.

So to me, that was the play of the game.

gocowboys25

Reaction score
:starspin I can't believe that even when the defense plays amazing people still want to blame them. OPEN YOUR EYES....turnovers by Romo is what cost us that game yesterday. I could even blame Wade for playing prevent defense for the loss but NO WAY do I blame the defense itself. I think the defense played the best game i've seen in atleast the last few years.:starspin

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DTK;2473109 said:
While I don't think the corners cost us the game, that play was HUGE.

Even they don't convert there, they are forced to punt into the wind thus giving us good field position. Instead they continue the drive and yes we had a great goalline stand. But when we punted Holmes returned it to the 25 and they ended up getting 3 points out of that, making it 13-6 and a one score game.

What should have happened is us getting good field position and the chance to get another score, putting us up say 16-3.

So to me, that was the play of the game.

well sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree then...Holmes' return was actually 35 yds, they dont allow that then they actually have to drive the ball somewhere instead of being in FG range at the first snap. How bout covering a kick correctly?

Newman was damn good yesterday and has been every week since his return. Other than one great throw by R-Berger he made Holmes completely disappear. It seems nobody wants to acknowledge that the THROW was what was so amazing about that play. Not the coverage (lack of) or anything else.

DTK

Reaction score
dbair1967;2475125 said:
well sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree then...Holmes' return was actually 35 yds, they dont allow that then they actually have to drive the ball somewhere instead of being in FG range at the first snap. How bout covering a kick correctly?

Newman was damn good yesterday and has been every week since his return. Other than one great throw by R-Berger he made Holmes completely disappear. It seems nobody wants to acknowledge that the THROW was what was so amazing about that play. Not the coverage (lack of) or anything else.
Oh I agree that Newman and the rest of the defense were great yesterday. That was indeed a GREAT throw into that wind. But Newman did peak into the backfield and that allowed Holmes to get past him. Like I said, to me that seemed to shift some of the momentum. JMHO.