Defense creeps into the top 10

dfense

Reaction score
Got to give it up for Wade Phillips.

He steps in, takes over the playcalling and after a few weeks the Cowboys defense is in the top 10. The true tests are coming up and I believe.

The man is a defensive mind. :bow:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If you looked at our defense since Wade took over, we'd be in the top 5 in scoring.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Clearly Brian Stewart had no idea what he was doing. In terms of gameplaning against the opposing offense. Every game at the beginning of the season the defense seemed to run the same gameplan. That changed when Wade started getting more involved with the defense.

Reaction score
Well let's see Newman is back leading the secondary and Scandrick is doing a heck of a job in the slot, so it's no surprise really....

Big Dakota

Reaction score
It's too bad guys like Wade and Norv don't know their limitations. They are at the very top of the coordinator chain and they should stay there. I'd take Wade as our DC for the next several years if i could have my way.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You mean after going 13-3 last year and now having righted the ship ole Wade is not so bad after all?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2456493 said:
It's too bad guys like Wade and Norv don't know their limitations. They are at the very top of the coordinator chain and they should stay there. I'd take Wade as our DC for the next several years if i could have my way.
So, why isn't Wade a good head coach?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2456496 said:
So, why isn't Wade a good head coach?

This is his Last Stand buddy, so we are gonna find out what kind of HC he is in the next 2 months. So far his history shows he can't win crap in the playoffs. He is 69-46 as a HC for a .600 winning %, not great, and has he won a PO game? Like i said, his epitaph will be written in the next 8 weeks. If he finds a way to lead his team to the Superbowl and win, all his failures will be wiped clean. If he comes up short, most will say he was average at best. Personally, i think Wade is a very average HC and i don't have to prove that to you because it's JMO, and i'll let his FINAL coaching record prove me right or wrong. How's that?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2456527 said:
This is his Last Stand buddy, so we are gonna find out what kind of HC he is in the next 2 months. So far his history shows he can't win crap in the playoffs. He is 69-46 as a HC for a .600 winning %, not great, and has he won a PO game? Like i said, his epitaph will be written in the next 8 weeks. If he finds a way to lead his team to the Superbowl and win, all his failures will be wiped clean. If he comes up short, most will say he was average at best. Personally, i think Wade is a very average HC and i don't have to prove that to you because it's JMO, and i'll let his FINAL coaching record prove me right or wrong. How's that?
That's fine. Base your opinion on whatever you like. I base mine on what he's done for us, which is 21-8.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
theogt;2456533 said:
That's fine. Base your opinion on whatever you like. I base mine on what he's done for us, which is 21-8.

The consensus is, if you haven't won a playoff game, you are a failure of a coach.

Poor Schottenheimer.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
187beatdown;2456537 said:
The consensus is, if you haven't won a playoff game, you are a failure of a coach.

Poor Schottenheimer.

Sucks that winning a championship is the mark.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2456533 said:

Take your 21-8 to the trophy bank, see what ya get. Like i said, he has a chance to shut a lot of folks up, so let's see him do it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2456549 said:
Take your 21-8 to the trophy bank, see what ya get. Like i said, he has a chance to shut a lot of folks up, so let's see him do it.
What a nonsensical reply.

Perhaps we should bench Romo, since he hasn't gotten us a championship in 2 years.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2456554 said:
What a nonsensical reply.

Perhaps we should bench Romo, since he hasn't gotten us a championship in 2 years.

So far you have brought Jerry and Romo into what Wade has done. Only thing nonsensical is you. later;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2456565 said:
So far you have brought Jerry and Romo into what Wade has done. Only thing nonsensical is you. later;)
Just pointing out the double standards and inconsistencies you apply.