Defense, Defense, Defense

ultron

Reaction score
I’d be happy to have Amari Cooper back, but I just don’t see how that’s a possibility with Dak being tagged today and the whole $33 million counting towards the cap. The Cowboys have approximately 20 free agents that hit the open market today and half of those were starters last season.

The new CBA really affected the Cowboys more than any other team because they lost the 2nd tag that they would’ve used on Amari & they would’ve been compensated handsomely if he signed with another team. It also put us at a disadvantage when they had less than 48 hours to negotiate after the CBA was signed and the window for players to talk to other teams opened.

It also doesn’t help that Todd France is an absolute tool and a QB that has a career record of 4-9 vs. playoff teams thinks he should be the highest paid player in the history of football, but they (Dak & France) always had the advantage of knowing WORST case scenario Dak would be tagged and make at least $33m this year. The Cowboys really couldn’t have handled this situation any differently because Dak & France wanted to wait for the CBA and it really crippled the Cowboys cap now that the whole $33m counts towards the cap and they have so many positions to fill.

With that being said - the offense is just as talented as any other offense in the league, so it’s time to allocate as much money as they can to rebuild this defense.

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Rivers, Brees, Wentz, Rodgers, Ryan, Winston, Stafford, Goff, Carr, Tannehill...they all have sub-.500 records vs winning teams. Try another argument.
To be fair I wouldn't pay most of those QBs top dollar either.

ultron

Reaction score
Rivers, Brees, Wentz, Rodgers, Ryan, Winston, Stafford, Goff, Carr, Tannehill...they all have sub-.500 records vs winning teams. Try another argument.

This post wasn’t meant to be a shot at Dak - I think he should be paid the same as Wentz and Goff but since you brought it up..

It’s a very simple argument: Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Wentz, Goff have all been to Super Bowls and a couple of those guys have even won a Super Bowl. NONE have been surrounded by the talent that Dak is surrounded by. I do think Dak should be paid equally to these guys but we have no idea what he and France are asking for.

I don’t even know why you mentioned those other QBs I could really care less about them.

Dreski

Reaction score
This post wasn’t meant to be a shot at Dak - I think he should be paid the same as Wentz and Goff but since you brought it up..

It’s a very simple argument: Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Wentz, Goff have all been to Super Bowls and a couple of those guys have even won a Super Bowl. NONE have been surrounded by the talent that Dak is surrounded by. I do think Dak should be paid equally to these guys but we have no idea what he and France are asking for.

I don’t even know why you mentioned those other QBs I could really care less about them.
The argument can be made that Wentz, Goff and Brees have had comparable talent.

ultron

Reaction score
The argument can be made that Wentz, Goff and Brees have had comparable talent.
I don’t think they’ve had as many offensive weapons as Dak in 2019, except for perhaps Brees; however, Drew Brees is an all-time great 1st ballot hall of fame QB.

Dreski

Reaction score
I don’t think they’ve had as many offensive weapons as Dak in 2019, except for perhaps Brees; however, Drew Brees is an all-time great 1st ballot hall of fame QB.
I agree! I just wanted to say, every team needs talent, it’s not exclusive to Dak. The Eagles has a very talented offense when they won their super bowl, Rams did too when they went. We do need help on defense though, one thing that those teams had (that imo we didn’t) is having talent on the D Line, which I hope we figure out in the offseason. Whether it’s draft/free agency. Heck maybe the scheme change will help

ultron

Reaction score
I agree! I just wanted to say, every team needs talent, it’s not exclusive to Dak. The Eagles has a very talented offense when they won their super bowl, Rams did too when they went. We do need help on defense though, one thing that those teams had (that imo we didn’t) is having talent on the D Line, which I hope we figure out in the offseason. Whether it’s draft/free agency. Heck maybe the scheme change will help
Yea I agree on all points.

ultron

Reaction score
I hope we’re working on signing some defensive players, in the last 24 hours we’ve lost 3 starters on D:

CB-Jones
DE-Quinn
DT-Collins

Mr_437

Reaction score
Annoying how the Joneses devalue defense to a degree. Anyways, everything is still alright in terms of having guys to sign:

DT - Shelton, Pierce, Joseph, Pennel, Daniels..
DE - Fackrell, Floyd, Fowler Jr., Golden...
CB - Trufant, Waynes, Amukamara, Harris...
DB - Joseph, HaHa, Geathers, Bell, Ward...

Again, a lot of guys, but time to do some deals and get off vacation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’d be happy to have Amari Cooper back, but I just don’t see how that’s a possibility with Dak being tagged today and the whole $33 million counting towards the cap. The Cowboys have approximately 20 free agents that hit the open market today and half of those were starters last season.

The new CBA really affected the Cowboys more than any other team because they lost the 2nd tag that they would’ve used on Amari & they would’ve been compensated handsomely if he signed with another team. It also put us at a disadvantage when they had less than 48 hours to negotiate after the CBA was signed and the window for players to talk to other teams opened.

It also doesn’t help that Todd France is an absolute tool and a QB that has a career record of 4-9 vs. playoff teams thinks he should be the highest paid player in the history of football, but they (Dak & France) always had the advantage of knowing WORST case scenario Dak would be tagged and make at least $33m this year. The Cowboys really couldn’t have handled this situation any differently because Dak & France wanted to wait for the CBA and it really crippled the Cowboys cap now that the whole $33m counts towards the cap and they have so many positions to fill.

With that being said - the offense is just as talented as any other offense in the league, so it’s time to allocate as much money as they can to rebuild this defense.
Preach it til the cows come home. Hallelujah amen! Defense!

ultron

Reaction score
Another starter gone, Raiders sign Heath.

That’s 4 defensive starters - someone with connections needs to get me a job with the front office so I can rebuild this thing lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they will go after Waynes given his connection to Edwards.

Kaiser

Reaction score

You don't think Goff had offensive weapons the year they went to the Super Bowl?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Another starter gone, Raiders sign Heath.

That’s 4 defensive starters - someone with connections needs to get me a job with the front office so I can rebuild this thing lol.

But this time its safe to put "starter" in quotes when mentioning Heath.

cowboyec

Reaction score
considering how bad our defense was ALL year....let'm walk...draft new blood.