Defense, Defense, Defense

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d be happy to have Amari Cooper back, but I just don’t see how that’s a possibility with Dak being tagged today and the whole $33 million counting towards the cap. The Cowboys have approximately 20 free agents that hit the open market today and half of those were starters last season.

The new CBA really affected the Cowboys more than any other team because they lost the 2nd tag that they would’ve used on Amari & they would’ve been compensated handsomely if he signed with another team. It also put us at a disadvantage when they had less than 48 hours to negotiate after the CBA was signed and the window for players to talk to other teams opened.

It also doesn’t help that Todd France is an absolute tool and a QB that has a career record of 4-9 vs. playoff teams thinks he should be the highest paid player in the history of football, but they (Dak & France) always had the advantage of knowing WORST case scenario Dak would be tagged and make at least $33m this year. The Cowboys really couldn’t have handled this situation any differently because Dak & France wanted to wait for the CBA and it really crippled the Cowboys cap now that the whole $33m counts towards the cap and they have so many positions to fill.

With that being said - the offense is just as talented as any other offense in the league, so it’s time to allocate as much money as they can to rebuild this defense.

Were these starters that great?
Collins
Quinn
BJ
Heath

How often do teams with a new coaching staff make it to the Super Bowl?

A few HCs and when they made it to the Super Bowl:
Kyle Shanahan: Year 3
Sean McVay: Year 2
Jim Harbaugh: Year 2
Doug Pederson: Year 2
John Fox: Year 3
Sean Payton: Year 4
Dan Quinn: Year 2
Mike Tomlin: Year 2
Belichick: Year 2

Sydla

Reaction score
Names getting snatched up - Reader is gone. Waynes is gone.

FA is going how I expected for us. We won't sniff any outside players until next week.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Names getting snatched up - Reader is gone. Waynes is gone.

FA is going how I expected for us. We won't sniff any outside players until next week.

Second tier and dumpster diving yet again.

Sydla

Reaction score
No. Not overpaying again.

Who do you think runs this team - Dan Snyder?

It's amazing to me to see each year people defend the Jones' in free agency, see a season unfold where there were clear holes that could have been better filled using FA more wisely and then they come right back and defend the team for being frugal again.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
No. Not overpaying again.

Who do you think runs this team - Dan Snyder?

Not overpaying? What did Cooper get again? And I like cooper too.

Defense wins championships. And going for lower tier players on a budget is going to get us there? How’s that worked out so far?