Defense has to get stronger up the middle

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Totally agree that part of the problem was the scheme leaving the ILBs 1:1 with a c/g. However and this is a big however neither JS or LVE showed the willingness or the ability to take on a block and make a tackle. At times they were as easily blocked as a db. Better DTs will def help but there is no excuse for some of those performances. Plenty of film in the Jaylon thread to reference.

And I've said this in previous posts. Once Bloom was gone the LB's played better. Woods coming back helped some. We should always be looking to add talent along the DL or really any position. I get tired of the we like our guys thing, if we can get better we need to do it. If Heath (who I like) was slightly better maybe he catches a couple more interceptions a year. Could be the difference in a game and 1 game difference could have meant a playoff birth.

kskboys

Reaction score
So are our young LBers truly talented if they need stout DTs or are they just large glorified strong safeties?
Doesn't work that way. All LB's need a good DLine in front of them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The power Booger has given up has been with only coaches so far.

We do not know how the HC and his staff will contribute with positions or players in FA and the draft.
Jerry has given the power to his son.

Jerry maintains first dibs on camera or microphone time but all football decisions are being made by Stephen Jones.

Jerry would have kept Garrett.

Jerry would have kept Dez.

Jerry would have given Witten a mega-contract to reward his HoF type career.

No guarantees that SJ is better but it's comical for anyone to deny that Jerry has given the keys to the fancy car to his son. He just has not transferred the car title to his son's name...