Defense is overrated, chokes (Diggs & Micah) in clutch moment

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The entire team lives and dies with generating turnovers.

10-2 when forcing a turnover
1-3 when not forcing a turnover
7-0 when scoring a defensive TD

Statistically, they are not a great defense but you can see how this team relies heavily on takeaways, especially the offense needing them to either score TDs or set them up with good field position. It is not a good sign when the offense, with all the money invested on that side of the ball, is so dependent on the defense like that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All NFL defenses are overrated. The league isn’t built for defense. It’s built for explosive offenses to be explosive.

Adreme

Reaction score
Parsons has been a beast but Diggs still has some problems. I love the interceptions but he has still given up the most receiving yards in the league this year which sort of cancels it out.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is some type of preemptive strike to take pressure off Dak and the pitiful offensive performance. (Alliteration not intended, but still proud of it.)

His choice of targets is inexplicable. They've been playing really well all season. Dak has struggled. So if it's some kind of preemptive strike, he's targeting guys that shouldn't be targeted because they have been earning what they're paid.

The O-line has sucked, the receivers have been making drops, and our vaunted genius OC has been making questionable play-calling choices, but all that stated, Dak has been kind of a stinker for more games than he should this season. I can't tell if it's psychological or physical.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His choice of targets is inexplicable. They've been playing really well all season. Dak has struggled. So if it's some kind of preemptive strike, he's targeting guys that shouldn't be targeted because they have been earning what they're paid.

The O-line has sucked, the receivers have been making drops, and our vaunted genius OC has been making questionable play-calling choices, but all that stated, Dak has been kind of a stinker for more games than he should this season. I can't tell if it's psychological or physical.
I don't even give much blame to Moore, because the lack of execution by the players makes it too easy to blame him. The one thing I'll say about Moore is that he gets away from the run too easily and when he does run, he runs up the gut too much. Other than that, he's trying to play to Dak's strengths, which unfortunately limit him.

The three words I hate to hear are "KILL, KILL, KILL", because everyone knows what that means. Run up the middle.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't even give much blame to Moore, because the lack of execution by the players makes it too easy to blame him. The one thing I'll say about Moore is that he gets away from the run too easily and when he does run, he runs up the gut too much. Other than that, he's trying to play to Dak's strengths, which unfortunately limit him.

The three words I hate to hear are "KILL, KILL, KILL", because everyone knows what that means. Run up the middle.

And abandoning the run or stubbornly running it up the gut too much is something Moore and his predecessors called. He hasn't learned....so he can be blamed for the play-calling.

But as a Dak supporter, it's so weird. He has been wildly inconsistent since coming back from his injury after looking really good at the beginning on the season. Maybe it's getting injured last year for the season then getting injured this season did something to him psychologically.

Then again, the O-line has been acting like what Romo had to deal with for years. That's enough to put the fear of the divine into any QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Less than the dallas offense. And the AZ defense was undermanned

Az offense pretty much went up and down the field. Albeit by penalty a lot. Both units sucked bad. At least the passing game woke up in the 4th. Then again, defense couldnt so that was that. Then of course you have a special teams bad game and there it is.

Arizona defense is very very good. Did a good job undermanned.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And abandoning the run or stubbornly running it up the gut too much is something Moore and his predecessors called. He hasn't learned....so he can be blamed for the play-calling.

But as a Dak supporter, it's so weird. He has been wildly inconsistent since coming back from his injury after looking really good at the beginning on the season. Maybe it's getting injured last year for the season then getting injured this season did something to him psychologically.

Then again, the O-line has been acting like what Romo had to deal with for years. That's enough to put the fear of the divine into any QB.

The issue is that is all that Zeke can do. If Moore is at fault for anything, its playing Zeke.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Interesting seeing as how the defense held the Cardinals to 25 total points and 22 points through 3 quarters all while the $40M man led Dallas to 7 points through 3 quarters.....but it's always the defense.

That 40 million man is you’re Qb for the next 4yrs.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Az offense pretty much went up and down the field. Albeit by penalty a lot. Both units sucked bad. At least the passing game woke up in the 4th. Then again, defense couldnt so that was that. Then of course you have a special teams bad game and there it is.

Arizona defense is very very good. Did a good job undermanned.
They did get a 4th qtr TO that led to the winning 3 pts

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Diggs & Defense is overrated unit on this team. When Micah and defense faces franchise QBs they can’t close game.
Let's face it, Diggs is going to get his picks, but he's also going to give up A LOT OF YARDS PER GAME. Personally, I'd rather have a shutdown corner who is great at dening the ball than a corner with 11 great plays during the year.................

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Kliff schooled Quinn on that last possession

that’s what happened
Did Murray even run the ball at all in the first half? I know he ran from the 3rd onward especially that last drive. Got to have a spy on him next time. He kills you with his legs and his arm.

JBS

Reaction score
Did Murray even run the ball at all in the first half? I know he ran from the 3rd onward especially that last drive. Got to have a spy on him next time. He kills you with his legs and his arm.
They spied him the entire game , basically. Except the last drive. Did you not notice that the pass rush sucked? That’s bc our best pass rusher was spying him the whole game (most of it)

but don’t get it twisted. Cards had an answer no matter where parsons was playing. They schooled Quinn.