Defense is the achilles heel at this point

Sydla

Reaction score

And here come the homers getting their panties in a bunch because someone isn't blow smoke up the team's butt.

Lawrence has played fine. But he's an elite DE. He needs to play better than he has. He has to be the leader on a team that struggles to get to the QB. I am not sure what's so crazy in saying that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I hope they have a big game this week. If Tank doesn't have a disruptive game I'll be worried. Rusty or not he's going up against someone off the street. I mean, Miami is full of Torrin Tuckers.

Haha Wow Torrin Tucker. I haven't heard that name in ages.

:laugh:

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
We're playing soft because we're playing with the lead. I'm glad to see they aren't worried about stats and are just worried about milking the clock and getting the win.
They were playing soft when it was 7-7. We got bailed out by two penalities again this week.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And here come the homers getting their panties in a bunch because someone isn't blow smoke up the team's butt.

Lawrence has played fine. But he's an elite DE. He needs to play better than he has. He has to be the leader on a team that struggles to get to the QB. I am not sure what's so crazy in saying that.
He recently had shoulder surgery. Warrants a slow start.

Sydla

Reaction score
He recently had shoulder surgery. Warrants a slow start.

Maybe. But that doesn't change the point. He has to pick it up at some point (as do others along the DL).

Don't set the bar lower for him, which some are likely to do because hey COWBOYZ!. He's the highest paid defensive end in football. He needs to be a game changer for this defense.

Let's also note that he was the one who delayed his shoulder surgery as a negotiating ploy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nothing better in football than continuing to win while your team is steady improving. The Defense doesn't need to be lights out right now, but the coaches should be working on the run stopping aspect.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
one thing they need is a pass rusher opposite of Lawrence and someone to get push up the middle

doomsday9084

Reaction score
As others have noted, how is the defense when it ISN'T just playing prevent? Dallas was up 35-10 against NY and 21-7 on Washington. Its not like these games have been shootouts where the offenses are going back and forth. Dallas gets a huge lead and then gives some of it back trying to run the clock out.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
We're playing soft because we're playing with the lead. I'm glad to see they aren't worried about stats and are just worried about milking the clock and getting the win.

Huh...we played the same soft *** defense when we were down 7...

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I agree that the D is fine right now. The offense has been so explosive that we've now faced two teams in desperation garbage/salvage mode. The skins converted two 4th downs which led to scores. We had two CLEAR pic sixes that were inexplicably bumbled away. I get it... we haven't had many defining/sexy/splash defensive play at this point but we're ok. I don't get the Taco situation and Quinn will help. Tank I'd have to imagine is still rounding into shape.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe. But that doesn't change the point. He has to pick it up at some point (as do others along the DL).

Don't set the bar lower for him, which some are likely to do because hey COWBOYZ!. He's the highest paid defensive end in football. He needs to be a game changer for this defense.

Let's also note that he was the one who delayed his shoulder surgery as a negotiating ploy.
You're just negative in general. This has nothing to with me being a fan. It's about an athlete who had a significant injury and surgery for his position.
When a player misses that much time in the off season, lower productivity is expected. It's not like he has much help drawing attention away from him. Pretty simple stuff.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

What does he need to do to play better by your standards?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're just negative in general. This has nothing to with me being a fan. It's about an athlete who had a significant injury and surgery for his position.
When a player misses that much time in the off season, lower productivity is expected. It's not like he has much help drawing attention away from him. Pretty simple stuff.

:clap:Interesting I'm not the only one noticing it.