Defense needs 330 lbs NTs

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you break down film Samuels wide was where the damage was done . Randy Gregory was in misdirection mode more then a guy with a broken GPS driving in a rental car from DFW. Point fingers ? How about the multiple penalties leveled at 94 ?
To me, that stood out on a few occasions. And, how many damn times are they going to commit neutral zone infractions/off sides? Good God, it was like watching drunk kittens.

conner01

Reaction score
Once again the weak DTs like Osa will not get the job done vs good teams. This team will not win in the post-season with small DTs, they need to draft and bring in real NTs that can shut down the run.

Can’t believe we wasted 3rd round pick on Osa.
Playing NT is not about weight. If it was we’d be set because Bo is well over 330
I don’t see how you think Osa was a wasted pick

RonWashington

Reaction score
To me, that stood out on a few occasions. And, how many damn times are they going to commit neutral zone infractions/off sides? Good God, it was like watching drunk kittens.

14 penalties and Gregory & Connor Williams always getting speeding tickets . Both are FA . Goodbye tip your waitress on the way out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
14 penalties and Gregory & Connor Williams always getting speeding tickets . Both are FA . Goodbye tip your waitress on the way out.
I think it might be a rush to let go of Gregory after this lose. There are 2 players on this team that stood out to me and played at a playoff level.
Danger and surprisingly LVE. Everyone else didn't show up.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think it might be a rush to let go of Gregory after this lose. There are 2 players on this team that stood out to me and played at a playoff level.
Danger and surprisingly LVE. Everyone else didn't show up.

Schultz ? He was the one consistent threat in the passing game. He leaves now you have no TE. 86 is the priority in FA . The Cowboys let Robert Quinn escape to Chicago where he had a monster year. Gregory to me misses too many games and has too many penalties .

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Schultz ? He was the one consistent threat in the passing game. He leaves now you have no TE. 86 is the priority in FA . The Cowboys let Robert Quinn escape to Chicago where he had a monster year. Gregory to me misses too many games and has too many penalties .
He was good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again the weak DTs like Osa will not get the job done vs good teams. This team will not win in the post-season with small DTs, they need to draft and bring in real NTs that can shut down the run.

The biggest DLineman on the 49ers roster weighs 305.

They have 1 bigger DT but he is on IR.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They need to focus on guys who can stop the run. Not worried about size, I want high motor guys who are tenacious at getting the job done.

garyv

Reaction score
Bohanna is listed at 360 yet he's been trash this year even for a rookie.

Anytime you pick a NT at 350 its a major gamble. In honesty instead of drafting one. I might draft two possibly three late and odds of one panning out goes much higher

HungryLion

Reaction score
The defense wasn't the issue, they played well enough to put the offense in a position to win the game.

I agree the defense played well enough to win.

that being said. This defense 100% absolutely needs better DT play. The DT play on this team has been crap for over a decade.

kskboys

Reaction score

330 lb NT's who can move. Stiffs don't help anything.

Osa was a great pick. Nice disruptive player.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree the defense played well enough to win.

that being said. This defense 100% absolutely needs better DT play. The DT play on this team has been crap for over a decade.
Not being able to stop the run in crunch time is not playing well enough to win. Especially in the playoffs, and the deeper you get. If not for a horrific throw by Garrop, this game wouldn't have been close. And the D was part of it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I weighed 340 about 10 years ago, overrated....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What playoff teams have a 330 pound monster that is effective? Somebody.......anybody??????oh ok