Defense needs to utilize Kelvin Joesph’s 4.3 speed vs Chiefs

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think some posters just like the attention of starting a thread so they post anything. Or they read an article and adopt the idea as if they thought it up themselves and post it.

your not talking fallen star are you…he’s got 67000 and counting , “football gods” being the latest brilliance on display

DanA

Reaction score
There really is no need to re-invent the wheel here.
  • Brown covers Hill with a lot of help from the free safety
  • Kearse/Hooker covers Kelce with help from LVE/Kearse
  • Parsons primarily covers the RB
  • Diggs gets put on an island against whoever else needs to be covered outside
  • Lewis in slot
Those are all pretty natural matchups and not any different to what we usually do. It's just unfortunately that they only have a scrub big outside receiver for Diggs to match up on so he won't get thrown at much IMO. I suppose you could re-direct him to cover Kelce but I'm okay with Kearse/Hooker doing it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Do they run 40s during the game and award points for the fastest times?

There's more to playing corner than how fast you can run 40 yards in a straight line in shorts.

Anyone who watched Lewis and Brown play last week and wants Joseph in there ahead of them is....well.....maybe someone who creates threads with the intention of.....nah I don't know. Nevermind.

I've coined a phrase for this.

Medical term is malignant Maddenoma..

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Not letting Mahomes' super agility come into effect will be key in my opinion. So speed will win this game, for both sides.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Lol Jaylon smith? You’re kidding right? He couldn’t beat a tackle sled now he’s going to cover arguably the best tight end in football? Wow this thread is full of delusions
Nah bro, you got it wrong...he's clearly talking bout Romo.

CWR

Reaction score
Lewis on Kelce should be the play, if we are going by the job he did on Pitts.

Diggs and safety help on Reek. Diggs needs someone behind him not just because of Reeks blazing speed, but because he's going to gamble and it allows him to be more aggressive.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Quinn needs to utilize Kelvin Joseph’s & Anthony Brown’s speed to contain Hill & Hardman.

Joseph has 4.3 speed with short space quickness to play man and keep up with speedy WR and not get beat deep for explosive play. With Brown’s experience I would use him more on Hill with safety help and let Bossman go 1v1 on Hardman.

I would utilize Diggs & Kearse on containing Kelce.

A defensive player needs more than just speed to be effective. They also need to have some ability to do the job without drawing a flag every time. KJ's not there, yet. Frankly, you are trying to fix a problem that does not exist. Our 3 starting CB's are doing a good job and can handle the challenge that KC represents.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Quinn needs to utilize Kelvin Joseph’s & Anthony Brown’s speed to contain Hill & Hardman.

Joseph has 4.3 speed with short space quickness to play man and keep up with speedy WR and not get beat deep for explosive play. With Brown’s experience I would use him more on Hill with safety help and let Bossman go 1v1 on Hardman.

I would utilize Diggs & Kearse on containing Kelce.

Lewis Can Handle Kelce

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
LOL, we need 2 deep zone against KC not man to man

The Cowboys D can mix it up between Cover 2 and 2 man under—that is, if they go against their defensive tendencies. I’m curious what Quinn will do. Will he stay with single high, or will he try to adopt what Tampa did in the Super Bowl?

visionary

Reaction score
The Cowboys D can mix it up between Cover 2 and 2 man under—that is, if they go against their defensive tendencies. I’m curious what Quinn will do. Will he stay with single high, or will he try to adopt what Tampa did in the Super Bowl?

i read that teams that have beaten KC use 2 deep zone to counter their speed and Bradley used single high and got smoked. We better use 2 deep and not try to get cute

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm hoping we don't play a ton of man coverage this week. I want our DBs to be facing the QB more often than not and playing for turnovers. I'm expecting us to give up a couple deep shots, and i'm fine with that. Our offense is good enough to score w/ KC, turnovers are what may decide this one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect a lot of zone coverages key will be Dallas making the tackles. Watching last game by KC, so many short passes where thrown but they were able to get big gains off short passes as Raiders could not come up and make the tackles. One of the weakness this defense has shown this season has been tackling, in the Minn game and falcons game they did a great job of coming up and making the tackles and if they expect to win this game they will need to limit the YAC by KC. As for the deep throw? If I'm sitting in cover 2 I don't expect any balls getting over the top