CFZ Defense, Running Game, Possible Championship

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 in Dallas this afternoon, they were discussing the game plan we have seen from this team over the last 6 weeks.

The question came up, could the Dallas D take the team to a championship? The consensus was it could, provided the offense limited turnovers. This started me thinking about what we are seeing. They claimed Dallas has the best defense in the league. I might concur, although I am hoping the Jones Twerps, oops, I meant Jones Twins, will use some of that money they have horded to bring in a DT, and possibly a WR.

I'd like to add a guard to this, but feel the rotation of Tyron, Tyler, and Jason Peters could be a rotation, like the defensive line, which might fix that problem.

To sum up, the afternoon crew with Broaddus thinks if the running game can continue to gin, Dak plays within the game plan, and the defense becomes the bully on the block, this team can get to the Dance.

When Jerry spoke about the game plan featuring the run and defense he said this is how play-off games are played and won. So the thinking is this style of football is what is needed to win.

One last point that is my opinion. If Dak can give the team 250 yards with fewer than 8 turnovers for the rest of the season, would that satisfy the Dakstabbers?

It seems to me the disgruntled were complaining about the yards Dak threw for this past Sunday, but they are the same as the folks who complain about garbage time yards. This would make Dak a bus driver.

And maybe that is exactly what needs to take place.

Looking for opinions on the style of football being played, and how far you think they could go.

You had a well thought out post that could lead to a good discussion.....right up until you had to insert childish name calling for no reason at all simply to create division where it didn't need to be:

"One last point that is my opinion. If Dak can give the team 250 yards with fewer than 8 turnovers for the rest of the season, would that satisfy the Dakstabbers?"

lkelly

Reaction score
He was referencing if we play that team where you need more than 24 in the playoffs. We can’t beat KC or Buffalo scoring 24.
I think the world will have ended (or conference realignment) before we ever play KC or Buffalo in the playoffs.

sjmike

Reaction score
You had a well thought out post that could lead to a good discussion.....right up until you had to insert childish name calling for no reason at all simply to create division where it didn't need to be:

"One last point that is my opinion. If Dak can give the team 250 yards with fewer than 8 turnovers for the rest of the season, would that satisfy the Dakstabbers?"
It's a term of endearment

Blackrain

Reaction score
I truly believe it boils down to stopping the run and penalties.We are a highly penalized team who isnt good enough on offense anymore to overcome the presnap gaffs and holding calls. If we can clean those up and stop the run and Im not sure Hankins is the answer or not then dak can drive the bus. We need dak to drive at about 250 a game is suffice I think as long as the running game keeps trucking like they are

The Dakstabbers will be who they are and critique everything the man does. I truly cant remember a QB our team or not where literally everything the man does on every play is overly analyzed. Sometimes their points are valid sometimes not, in fact some of them dont care if we win or not as long as hes gone soon.

I totally agree it's impossible for Dak to do his best work trying to overcome pre-snap penalties.
Some of the holding penalties though are on him because at times he is indecisive and holds the ball too long but both of these things can be cleaned up and will make a huge difference in my opinion.

starfan1

Reaction score
I totally agree it's impossible for Dak to do his best work trying to overcome pre-snap penalties.
Some of the holding penalties though are on him because at times he is indecisive and holds the ball too long but both of these things can be cleaned up and will make a huge difference in my opinion.
I wont disagree as i dont necessarily dissect tape but if you look at QB times and how quick they get rid of the ball dak is among the quicker QBs. Im not sure how to pull them stats up but its been posted before Dak flings it quick. i think brady is the fasted but dak is top 10