DEFENSE will slump, fans will want Quinn fired

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The secondary is looking good. Need to add a piece or two to the DL, and REALLY improve the LBs not named Micah Parsons.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn's defense will play hard and do well.

The only glaring weakness we have right now besides McCarthy is the offensive line coach.

Motorola

Reaction score
AdPsKHMuB1IZ4rN.jpg
'Hee-Haw' :A half-hour of low-brow humor and outright silliness; but the broadcast featured music among genres known as Traditional American Music - Gospel, Bluegrass, etc.
Many C&W Stars and legends performed on the show...and were in "The Corn Field".

exciter

Reaction score
The ones with the silly responses will be the first to act surprised
Half the posters here felt the secondary was doomed when they hired Joe Whitt, same posters said we were doomed when he got an interview for the Seattle DC position. A bit of sarcasm is in order!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What will slump will probably be the amount of takeaways we get next season. Going to be hard to duplicate the number we got this season.

rambo2

Reaction score
The typical life of a cowboys fan, how soon does this happen??????
I think that the defense will continue to play like they did this season which give the Cowboys a great chance as repeating as division champion and give them a chance to advance in the playoffs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It's all but guaranteed unless they luck into some super good player in the draft again because they certainly won't be signing any non-trash free agents.

A huge reason for our defense's (and entire team's) success this year was turnovers, which are largely luck. They will revert back to the mean next year.
If turnovers are luck then we are still due because we have had many, many seasons with low turnovers...

Turnovers are not luck though!

blueblood70

Reaction score
this place for sure fans are fickle and will turn on the team in a heartbeat, we saw it all year,2022 will be no different.

Dre11

Reaction score
Typical post on this board … something positive happens…. Hmmm let’s try to turn it negative

So true, the defense will improve IMO, putting more focus on the deficiencies I bet is #1 item on table,

starman22

Reaction score
When did they break out of their slump?
I know we got a bunch of turnovers, played well for a couple weeks after D-Law and Gregory came back, but they still weren't great.

75boyz

Reaction score
I do not think turnover totals can be duplicated but the impact of the turnovers could be offset by a more consistent pass rush AND ability to stop the run.

Just a guess, but in the back of his mind, Quinn has got to be thinking along these lines imo.

So,
the challenge AGAIN will be d line pressure and run stopping ability.

They can get buy with existing personnel at LB and secondary.

A stout FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE is key.

And Gregory/Lawrence were MIA in the biggest game of the year. So if further HOME RUN draft resources aren't committed to the d line imo, the
playoff offensive lines will continue to expose Dallas.

The more I think on it, this OP title just may be very accurate.

jmo

FVSTONE

Reaction score
No, I believe the defense will get better in year 2. Looking forward to see how both Diggs and Parsons raise they're game to even higher levels. I'm sure Quinn is going to work Diggs to the bone on how he covers future receivers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboys defense is trending up but the rebuild is not over. Biggest issue going forward is DE. Need to replace Lawrence and Gregory in the next year or two.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I do not think turnover totals can be duplicated but the impact of the turnovers could be offset by a more consistent pass rush AND ability to stop the run.

Just a guess, but in the back of his mind, Quinn has got to be thinking along these lines imo.

So,
the challenge AGAIN will be d line pressure and run stopping ability.

They can get buy with existing personnel at LB and secondary.

A stout FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE is key.

And Gregory/Lawrence were MIA in the biggest game of the year. So if further HOME RUN draft resources aren't committed to the d line imo, the
playoff offensive lines will continue to expose Dallas.

The more I think on it, this OP title just may be very accurate.

jmo
Parsons is our only linebacker.