Jason Allen 4.44
Antoine Bethea 4.40
Greg Blue 4.70 - disappointing
Daniel Bulocks 4.44
Antonio Cromartie 4.51
Charles Gordon 4.62
Devin Hester 4.43 - though he was faster
Tye Hill 4.31 - blazing fast
Michael 4.35 (I'm sold on him, if he slips, grab him and run)
Kelly Jennings 4.43
Tim Jennings 4.33 - fast CB - short at 5'7
Jonathan Joseph 4.39

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Defensive Back 40 Times

Jason Allen 4.44
Antoine Bethea 4.40
Daniel Bulocks 4.44
Antonio Cromartie 4.51
Charles Gordon 4.62
Kelly Jennings 4.43
Jonathan Joseph 4.39
Jason Allen is an interesting name. He's coming off hip surgery. The forty time is impressive. He's played both CB and FS. Last year, he was the only college player that worked at Jason Witten's summer camp. I'd take that guy in the 2nd or 3rd depending on what we do in free agency.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
Jason Allen is an interesting name. He's coming off hip surgery. The forty time is impressive. He's played both CB and FS. Last year, he was the only college player that worked at Jason Witten's summer camp. I'd take that guy in the 2nd or 3rd depending on what we do in free agency.
It looks like he has good size at 6'2 and can run, so I like him. He only started 5 games last year, so I presume he was hurt.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Allen had a career threatening hip injury. He made a lot of money today. Bethea as well.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
It looks like he has good size at 6'2 and can run, so I like him. He only started 5 games last year, so I presume he was hurt.
He blew his hip out in the 5th game. I think he has had shoulder problems in the past also. He thought about coming out last year, came back this year to play CB. He's played both position. I watch a lot of SEC football, this guy has the goods. I didn't think he was this fast. I thought he was more of a 4.5 guy. I think he is the ideal cover saftey. He was also a team captain and you know how Bill likes those guys. He would be a first round pick if not for the injury.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
He blew his hip out in the 5th game. I think he has had shoulder problems in the past also. He thought about coming out last year, came back this year to play CB. He's played both position. I watch a lot of SEC football, this guy has the goods. I didn't think he was this fast. I thought he was more of a 4.5 guy. I think he is the ideal cover saftey. He was also a team captain and you know how Bill likes those guys. He would be a first round pick if not for the injury.
Good work Douigh. I love his size and speed, and if Parcells likes him, so do I.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm lovin' Daniel Bullocks time too. There's some good quality safeties in this draft.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I'm lovin' Daniel Bullocks time too. There's some good quality safeties in this draft.
I almost forgot about him Roshi, I like his time too, and in 2004 he had 4 INTs. I like him.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Well I hope we snag Jason Allen in the 3rd. I'm not sure he will last that long though.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Dang, I didn't expect Bullocks to come even relatively close to that speed. I saw him more in the high 4.5, low 4.6 range. Definetely not in the low 4.4 range.

I can remember when he first came to Nebraska and ran in the high 4.7 range.

Too bad he has never played FS in his career or I would be all for him myself.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think this is the type of draft where you can help yourself more with three guys in the top 64 than one mid first rounder. Trading with Indy, Seattle or Pitt would net us 3 picks in the top 64, according to the draft value chart. That would be nice!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I think this is the type of draft where you can help yourself more with three guys in the top 64 than one mid first rounder. Trading with Indy, Seattle or Pitt would net us 3 picks in the top 64, according to the draft value chart. That would be nice!
The more picks you have in the 2nd and 3rd round, the better your team will be, and that's why I said I think Parcells will be a trading fool this year. All the talk about Ellis not going anywhere, is perfect salesmanship.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
The more picks you have in the 2nd and 3rd round, the better your team will be, and that's why I said I think Parcells will be a trading fool this year. All the talk about Ellis not going anywhere, is perfect salesmanship.

I think the Cowboys will trade Ellis for a 2nd this year.

kartr

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Defensive Back 40 Times

Jason Allen 4.44
Antoine Bethea 4.40
Daniel Bulocks 4.44
Antonio Cromartie 4.51
Charles Gordon 4.62
Kelly Jennings 4.43
Jonathan Joseph 4.39

What about Gerrick McPherson of Maryland, I think he's supposed to run a 4.23 forty and bench a ton of weight for a 5'9'' guy. I believe he also had relatives that played in the NFL.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:

likewise on everything. He's a very good player and was the leader of that defense. I'm surprised he was that fast too. I thought he'd still be affected by the injury...appears not.
He seems like a guy that very well could slip into the third round. He's kind of forgotten because he missed so much of the season. With that speed, draft him and put him at FS, then later on if we need him to he can play some nickel CB also. 6'2 with a 4.44 40 and coverage skills that played at a very high level for a major university is the kind of guy you want to get as a FS.
S is the strongest position in this draft IMO. There will probably be 20 or more safeties drafted this year and about 12 of them or so are probably capable of eventually, or immediately, becoming starters.
I love Huff and Simpson, but I really think we can get a starting FS in the third round if we don't get on in FA.