Defensive difference week 5 to 6

dfense

Reaction score
Alot more man coverage. Zone is a nightmare for Claiborne. Cowboys manned up and shut down the Commander receivers.

Nation

Reaction score
Dallas played a lot of man coverage against Peyton. But the front four wasn't pressuring Peyton much, so he was able to get tight ends on safeties and backs on linebackers and they made a few plays.

dfense

Reaction score
Dallas played a lot of man coverage against Peyton. But the front four wasn't pressuring Peyton much, so he was able to get tight ends on safeties and backs on linebackers and they made a few plays.

and the Commanders don't run non stop pick plays.

Frozen700

Reaction score
We played a ton of Man vs Peyton. The reason I'm not mad though is because some of the catches were contested.

Whereas in Zone, you are just sitting there looking like a damn fool stuck in mud, vs Peyton.

kruddy

Duffer
Reaction score
we are going to have to change it up, some blitzes from Oscan etc. We need to have a lot of intensity to succeed with our current defense, any less and we cannot succeed. It will be difficult to keep our intensity level high for long periods of time. We need to keep possession like the chargers do to rest our undermanned defensive line. I like our db's and our linebackers talent level, our special team play is not a problem.

Reaction score
Yet they still got 422 yards of offense on us.

I will give the defense credit for keeping the Skins out of the end zone though. But it's not like we stoned their offense. And RGIII missed a lot of throws.

We face a tougher offense this week. McCoy is a beast. Carr against Jackson will be quite a matchup this week. Having Foles at QB instead of Vick does limit their high octane offense somewhat.

We will win because their defense is worse than ours and we have the better QB. But it will not be easy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet they still got 422 yards of offense on us.

I will give the defense credit for keeping the Skins out of the end zone though. But it's not like we stoned their offense. And RGIII missed a lot of throws.

We face a tougher offense this week. McCoy is a beast. Carr against Jackson will be quite a matchup this week. Having Foles at QB instead of Vick does limit their high octane offense somewhat.

We will win because their defense is worse than ours and we have the better QB. But it will not be easy.

That's true, but a lot of it was "junk" in the 4th quarter.

And keep in mind the Commanders had 75 offensive snaps... A full 25 more than Dallas due to Harris and the Cowboys' offense having some short drives due to a short field.