Defensive Ends And Cornerbacks: Who is off the board by 28

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
An element of mystery is added to our first round pick when you consider two of the positions we may draft can be the toughest to predict.

Cornerback runs in particular can be tough to predict. Considering you basically have 3 starters, cornerbacks get expensive on 2nd contracts and can tail off quickly after the age of 30, practically any team is a threat to go CB in the draft. And some teams are known for draft CB's in the first. The Bengals have drafted 3 CB's in the first in the last 5 drafts.

What DE's and CB's do you believe will be off the board by the time we draft?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am puzzled why the Cowboys have yet to interview Barnett.imo they should do their homework on Lawson and Barnett because those 2 are the most pro ready DEs in the draft apart from Garrett.so far we are more focused on Tweeners and big time projects and those take time to develop.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett, Thomas, Barnett, Charlton, McKinley

Lattimore, Conley, Humphrey, White
Your CB's could be a bit light. 5 went by pick 28 last year. Although injuries to Moreau and Jones drop the number that would have been gone

I think McKinley will be there by our pick

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I am puzzled why the Cowboys have yet to interview Barnett.imo they should do their homework on Lawson and Barnett because those 2 are the most pro ready DEs in the draft apart from Garrett.so far we are more focused on Tweeners and big time projects and those take time to develop.

Did Derek Dooley overlap with Barnett at Tennessee? Maybe in recruiting? Just wondering if Dooley might have poisoned the well for him here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have shown interest. Im sure he is a visit, probably just hasnt been leaked yet

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Your CB's could be a bit light. 5 went by pick 28 last year. Although injuries to Moreau and Jones drop the number that would have been gone

I think McKinley will be there by our pick

And if he is hopefully they pass.