Defensive Formations - New Cowboys D-Coordinator

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter how much you rag on Nolan, he is a substantial upgrade over
Richard (who clearly ran the entire defense) and Marinelli (who allowed it).

Richard didn't want to disguise defensive schemes.
Coming from riding coattails of talent in Seattle, he felt the
defense should just line up and play.

Your hero is a fraud. Nolan improves the defense the moment he walks into
the building.

You are falling for the false narrative that derived from the 1 interview with George Iloka.

The Cowboys coaches were bad enough, there is no need for false narratives about things that were not the problem and NOT really what Iloka said if you listen to the entire interview.

Iloka did say that Zimmer/Edwards (the coaches he greatly admires) often didn't disguise cover either. They just showed the opposite of what Kris Richard like to show.
- KR liked to show 8 men in the box and tempt offenses to pass (per Iloka).
- Zimmer/Edwards liked to show 7 mean in the box and tempt offenses to run.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are falling for the false narrative that derived from the 1 interview with George Iloka.

The Cowboys coaches were bad enough, there is no need for false narratives about things that were not the problem and NOT really what Iloka said if you listen to the entire interview.

Iloka did say that Zimmer/Edwards (the coaches he greatly admires) often didn't disguise cover either. They just showed the opposite of what Kris Richard like to show.

I assume that the secondary couldn't adequately handle the approach design by KR. And allowed too much in long sustained drives...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m a Nolan fan.

A lot of this forum hates the hire and points to statistics.

We will see.. I think the guy throws a lot at the QB..
I'm with you there.

I have a feeling this defense may just work...especially early on when no one has film on it and can no longer rely on knowing exactly what we will do out of what formation pretty much every time.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Ah, I remember the days where terms like "false narrative" weren't used in football forums.
Now, once in a post is not enough... lol

Duncan and I are just continuing an ongoing conversation. That's all.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I assume that the secondary couldn't adequately handle the approach design by KR. And allowed too much in long sustained drives...

"We put a hat on a hat. Now, go out there and execute!"
Because... "that's who we are!"

(Remember to scream and try to look mean)

RoboQB

Reaction score
Can you point me to a quote where a defensive coordinator has ever said "I don't believe in turnovers"

Well, there was this one coach that wanted his DBs to play with their backs
to the QB at all times... lol/smh

CCBoy

Reaction score
Can you point me to a quote where a defensive coordinator has ever said "I don't believe in turnovers"
Some accomplish the claim and some don't. Aggressive is a mode directed by leadership. This group will press agitated and aggressive.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Ah, I remember the days where terms like "false narrative" weren't used in football forums.

Here is one for the 2020's "It makes me nonevermind".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are repeating something that didn't actually happen and the source of the narrative didn't actually say what the narrative has become.

It reminds me of the HG Wells novel Time Machine.
- Fans are the Eloi (blissful idiots).
- The media are the Morlocks (gross monstrous creatures feed the Eloi only so they can eat them later.)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there was this one coach that wanted his DBs to play with their backs
to the QB at all times... lol/smh
That didn't happen and there is not a legit source claiming that it happened.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing I was reading up on is how much more Nolan likes to send the blitz than the Cowboys have been doing in recent years. Last season Dallas blitz 23% of the time which ranked 25. Nolan last stint as DC his teams were blitzing at 37% of the time which would have ranked 5th in the NFL last season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are repeating something that didn't actually happen and the source of the narrative didn't actually say what the narrative has become.

It reminds me of the HG Wells novel Time Machine.
- Fans are the Eloi (blissful idiots).
- The media are the Morlocks (gross monstrous creatures feed the Eloi only so they can eat them later.)

Kind of like the sci-fi where the aliens stated that they were there to serve man...and had a cook book inside their space craft.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I love the off topic responses when people know they're wrong but can't admit it...

Not wrong or right.
I'm just commenting on a message board.
I didn't post anything that hasn't been said.

I don't take these things as seriously as you do.
Hopefully, nobody does.

Unless you're employed by the team, or a tv talking head,
you're really wasting your time, but thanks for all of your
hard work and judgment.