CFZ Defensive MVPs for this game?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Yes, as bad as the defense played, two players standout in the 4th quarter, who made critical plays to win the game.

D Law: His massive, and savvy, play on the 4th down run to get the turnover on downs was big. And he made a hecuva play! This team still desperately needs a real MLB to help stop the run. But as a DE, D Law battles with the best of them. His energy, leadership and tenacity was necessary to closeout this game tonight. Can't overlook that.

Jordan Lewis: Lewis had the most passes defended tonight, and knocked down a few critical passes late in the game. He battled, and really, this is the best I've seen him cover this year, in the 4th quarter at least. They needed his blanket coverages late in the game to help seal it.

Parsons' constant pressure in the 4th quarter was big too, he got a lot of pressures on critical downs. He came up huge too. But D Law and Lewis, they were the 4th quarter MVPs to me.

Quinn called an awful game all night, leaving the CBs on an island, sometimes unnecessarily (like late in the 1st half when their should be at least 2 safeties back there to help unless it's Cover Zero (all-out blitz), and it wasn't on any of those plays where PI was called. So that's just stupid coverages when you should be playing some bend-but-dont-break.

.....except for the last defensive play, when Quinn called an overload blitz to Parsons side which left him unblocked.

Escaped...now it's time for Philly to arrive in town and get some revenge, before on the road against 2 AFC East Teams. On to December...

SackMaster

Reaction score
Uh .... I think I vote "No Confidence" this week.

They did JUST ENOUGH at the end, but I hope they are treated like they lost this week.

They need to get back to early season form.

JMHO

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I think Dlaw actually won the game for us..he played that good. Obviously Dak balled and deserves a ton of credit but Lawrence played great in that 2nd half.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I think Dlaw actually won the game for us..he played that good. Obviously Dak balled and deserves a ton of credit but Lawrence played great in that 2nd half.
I agree. The defense needs his leadership, especially during adversity. He's the undisputed leader on defense, and this team needs him. And he plays big too. Parsons is great, but D Law is the foundation of the Dee Line (because we also need D Law to make plays in the running game).

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I agree. The defense needs his leadership, especially during adversity. He's the undisputed leader on defense, and this team needs him. And he plays big too. Parsons is great, but D Law is the foundation of the Dee Line (because we also need D Law to make plays in the running game).
Agreed...And he did. The play he made to stuff them on 4th and 2 was the only reason our offense had a chance to get us the lead. He played awesome. I noticed on the last play Lawrence was standing in Seattle's Rbs back pocket waiting for the screen. He makes plays that go unnoticed all game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bland could have been on that list if we converted points after the INT. Yes, he had a bad day,(no safety help), but he responded big time and should actually have had 2 picks.