News: Defensive Tackle

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Give me Vita Vea, guy is Ngata 2.0. Immediately helps our run defense and keeps our LBs clean

yup....one man wrecking crew when he is on. Question is...will that motor run all the time? Just watch the Apple cup...Cougars couldn't block him.

tm1119

Reaction score
Love me some Harrison Phillips...And wouldn't surprise me if Rod isn't salivating over him as well. Kid has motor and effort for days. 100 tackles for a NT is just nuts.

Also a little surprised to see Justin Jones that high but I like him. Good combo of size and pass rush ability.

tm1119

Reaction score
yup....one man wrecking crew when he is on. Question is...will that motor run all the time? Just watch the Apple cup...Cougars couldn't block him.

The Pac 12 was proven to be teddy bear soft this bowl season. Vea looked very regular VS Penn State

exciter

Reaction score
Well I doubt we take a 1 tech early, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Nope, if the past history suggest anything I can't see them spending better than a 4th they just don't give the position much value. Probably the best you can hope for in fa is a backup that flashed this year for about what they signed Thornton for. Payne would look real nice though!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Payne is a 6 2" 315 2 down 1tech who'll take up double teams in the run game but his 5 sacks in 3 years suggest he ain't gonna provide much in the pass rush.
Cox is a 6 4" 295 3tech that plays the run or pass equally well and with a lot of anger.
Think a better comparison to Payne would beBrandon Mebane with the Seahawks a few years back!
Quick Google search of Eagles website says hes 6'4" # 310 .....

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’ll take two more please...
You betcha', that L.B. depth is shallow,,,, maybe K.C. wouldn't have embarrassed our defense so badly, had we'd fielded anybody other than what was on that field 30 seconds before halftime,,,o_O

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think under marinelli it would. Say what you want about Rod but his rush men are pretty much high motor all the time

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
This is the first year in a while, that I can remember, that I'm not against trading up. If Roquan Smith is on the board after the 10th pick, I will be furious if Jerry doesn't move up to take him. He's that good, IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the first year in a while, that I can remember, that I'm not against trading up. If Roquan Smith is on the board after the 10th pick, I will be furious if Jerry doesn't move up to take him. He's that good, IMO.

Yeah, let's not move up for a QB but let's package picks for a LB, bros.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Yeah, let's not move up for a QB but let's package picks for a LB, bros.

You know, as well as I do, that there's no way on God's green earth that Jerry will be in the market for a QB. Dak has been adopted into the Jones' family so it's best to accept it or find another team to pull for because Dak, barring injury, will be the QB of this team for years to come. Like it or not....

Prime21

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting two if these guys in the first three rounds. This maximizes Lee and Jaylon. Resign Hitch or draft another dime a dozen LB in the 4th/5th rounds.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, as well as I do, that there's no way on God's green earth that Jerry will be in the market for a QB. Dak has been adopted into the Jones' family so it's best to accept it or find another team to pull for because Dak, barring injury, will be the QB of this team for years to come. Like it or not....

So what's the thinking? That because they won't do it I'm supposed to pretend it's a bad idea?

When it comes to what I think should be done, what the team will actually do means absolutely nothing to me.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
So what's the thinking? That because they won't do it I'm supposed to pretend it's a bad idea?

When it comes to what I think should be done, what the team will actually do means absolutely nothing to me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and, for the most part, I agree with what you originally said. There's just some things that are pointless in hoping for. Hence why I'm putting my hope into drafting a stud LB as their first priority. I like Dak but I will always be in the Romo camp as I feel he was/is one heck of a QB.