Twitter: Deion has 2 Toes Amputated

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe Deion can start his own Sourtoe Cocktail Club?

Screenshot-20220308-155524-Chrome.jpg

:muttley:

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Guess that old turf toe injury was more serious than anyone realized back in the day.
I remember Madden calling a game when Deion was playing through that. He said, “Deion is the best corner in the NFL but he isn’t the best with only 9 toes.” That quote always stuck with me. Hope Deion has a safe recovery.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmm, I wonder if Prime just had that done a day or so ago and that might have been why JJ did not go to the combine so he could be there? Just a thought...that would be something both HOF'ers would do for each other.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I might be able to outrun him now HaHa. Hang in there Deion.

Another thought...I think JJ might be with Prime to try and talk him into coaching the Dallas Cowboys? He took a bad football team in College and (bad as ours is) and in a year or so made them Champs! This why JJ is not at the combine.

Motorola

Reaction score
Guess that old turf toe injury was more serious than anyone realized back in the day.
IMO - Sanders pushed the limit of his body recovering from that injury by continuing to play after Dallas released him following the 1999 season.
Signed with Washington the following year.
Then - retired for THREE SEASONS - only to come back to play for Baltimore for two years.

With severity and complications reported surrounding Sanders' condition- it could have been worse.
Wishing him a speedy & complete recovery.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My uncle had a turf toe injury his junior year in college that after graduation not only prevented him from being drafted by the NFL but the US military as well. Fortunately he was given FA tryout .

It bothered him his entire life and looked wicked.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he had foot surgery before joining the Cowboys. That's why he didn't make the start of the 1995 season.

plymkr

Reaction score
Was that the injury from 98 or 99? That sucks. Get well soon Prime. I hope he's alright from here on out. I hate seeing stuff like this.