Deion just accused Zack Martin of tapping out

zeke21

Reaction score
Yes.. I'm sure it was Martin 'tapping out'.. it couldn't have been something silly like he had an injury on the snap and that is why he got pushed back into his QB in the first place and then went off for medical treatment...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I agree with above posters though.. we are close to wrapping up the division now.. might not be such a bad idea to give Martin a week or two to get healthy going into playoffs.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just watching NFLN with Deion, LT and Shannon Sharpe and when they were discussing the Cowboys playoff chances Deion said the one thing that concerns him besides Prescott can't hit a deep ball is the play of the OL. He saw "a little tapping out....come up with an injury after getting driven back into your QB". Something like that.

He can only be talking about Zack Martin.

I don't have a link or anything but I have a sterling reputation. He said it.

BTW, Shannon thinks they can win a wild card game and that's it. LT thinks they can beat anyone.
This is from turf toe boo boo guy

Thomas82

Reaction score
Does anyone who is smarter than Deion Sanders (that's not hard to beat btw) know the severity of Martin's injury? Any updates. Martin's injury is the only blemish on this great day

So far, no structural damage found. He's scheduled to have an MRI today. From everything I've read, he's believed to have aggravated his sprained MCL.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Zack Martin should use the next 2-3 games to rehab his knee. Connor Williams played pretty good at Right Guard for Zack. Hope Connor keeps it up. My bigger concern is Tyron's constant holding penalties.

Except where was the holding? They can call that on every play. Clearly the side judge did not like the way Tyron and Randy were playing. Maybe he has a friend, who has a friend, who knows a guy who lives in Reno that had big money on Philly

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
From the lips of Deion himself....

Aikman, and I’m paraphrasing here, said it was nice to see cover corners who also went in for tackles in the league today, unlike Deion back in the day.

Joe Buck: Are you saying Deion didn’t like tackling?

Troy Aikman: He used to call them “business decisions.”

Aikman, of course, isn’t telling you anything you didn’t already know. Deion Sanders liked contact about as much as I like the “Twilight” films. He was notorious for avoiding contact during his career. But he was so good at covering receivers that he could get away with it. That’s what will always astound me about Deion Sanders, he was so good at playing defense that he didn’t even need to TACKLE, which you would think is a necessary skill for any great defensive player. In fact, I watched the NFL Network’s postgame show to see if Sanders had a reaction to Aikman’s comments, and indeed he did. This is what Deion said:

“Hey, these shoulders are made for suits, not Brandon Jacobs.”

Fair point, Deion. My shoulders are made the exact same way.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Aikman-Deion-Was-A-Crummy-Tackler-71584022.html

8FOR!3

Reaction score
It's late in the season, Zack Martin has been carrying a heavier load than usual because the offensive line has been full of rookies and backups this year. Idk what goes on in the locker room on a daily/weekly basis or how his teammates feel but I have a feeling no one is questioning that guy's toughness or mental toughness.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Are you watching in 1973? :omg:
‘74 but close enough considering it’s Jan 14th....Umm how exactly did you know that? I’ve heard a handful of people use the phrase jive turky and most of them said it standing in front of a adult movie store I have been living at.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Deion, the guy who doesn't tackle, accuses Zack Martin of being soft. Hmmmm... Deion has no self respect whatsoever. He goes on a rant about Tony Romo, who made a friendly jab towards his non-tackling. deion has lost touch with reality.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
LMAO at deion questioning somebody's toughness. The irony of a guy who essentially did everything he could to avoid contact calling out the best OG in the game today. What a POS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well thats dumb but we need Zach for the stretch run, id start using Conner there and let that knee calm down more..i think we can win with Williams for the next two games..Martin doesnt fake it , odd does Dion know that Martin has never missed game from HS until now ? the dude is warrior..

John813

Reaction score
This reminded me why I stopped watching NFLN postgame coverage.

He's as bad as SAS/Skip Bayless for idiotic opinions.