Deion Sanders

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would Deion be in the Hall of Fame if he had stayed in Atlanta instead of blazing a path for Kevin Durant by going championship hunting with SF and Dallas?
I don't think so. What say you?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Before playing for San Francisco and them Dallas, he was much more talk, than proven out to be a major part of two Championship teams.

He took away half of a football field on a team as talented as was the Dallas Defense then...and he brought back a two-way player in the NFL, with the Cowboys!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would Deion be in the Hall of Fame if he had stayed in Atlanta instead of blazing a path for Kevin Durant by going championship hunting with SF and Dallas?

Talent is talent, and despite being an A-hole, Deion had it. Even in Atlanta, he was the best cornerback of his generation. He played the mercenary game just right when free agency hit, and just so happened to get some rings out of the deal as well. I may not like him, but his methods were effective.

He got paid well, had a high profile, won championships, and deservedly went into the Hall of Fame.

ksadler1

Reaction score

I say I'd rather have the SB rings over the HOF. I think there's quite a few players that would trade their HOF for a SB title any day...

Nav22

Reaction score
Kevin Durant wasn’t the 1st NBA player to change teams in order to increase his odds at a title.

Kobe Bryant demanded a trade from the Lakers when he couldn’t compete after the Shaq trade... then took it back when they stole Pau Gasol from Memphis.

LeBron changed teams TWICE in order to better his chances at winning.

Karl Malone and Gary Payton teamed up with Shaq and Kobe on the Lakers for a shot at a title.

Etc etc etc.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
A player staying with one team his whole career seems to garner more respect than a team hopper.

SO........

If Darrell Green wouldn't have played for Washington his whole career...Would he have went into the HOF?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kevin Durant wasn’t the 1st NBA player to change teams in order to increase his odds at a title.

Kobe Bryant demanded a trade from the Lakers when he couldn’t compete after the Shaq trade... then took it back when they stole Pau Gasol from Memphis.

LeBron changed teams TWICE in order to better his chances at winning.

Karl Malone and Gary Payton teamed up with Shaq and Kobe on the Lakers for a shot at a title.

Etc etc etc.
Basketball is a unisex sport. Football is a man sport. That why they are called lineMEN.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Only QBs are judged by what the team does.

Revis is likely going to the hall, despite only playing 1 year on a relevant team. Barry Sanders, Tim Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Joe Thomas, JJ Watt, possibly London Fletcher all hall of famers despite playing on forgettable teams.