Deions lures top recruit to Jackson State

RaZon

Reaction score
Travis Hunter can play for any school in the nation, but he is headed to Jackson State.

Gotta give Deion his props.

Last season another HBCU school NCA&T won the NCAA 4x4 relay, that just doesn't happen, but it did.

RaZon

Reaction score
Actually this kid was the number one recruit in the nation, damn!!!!

Don't the kid know it will be......well he put up those numbers vs subpar opposition? Apparently not or he doesn't care.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Travis Hunter can play for any school in the nation, but he is headed to Jackson State.

Gotta give Deion his props.

Last season another HBCU school NCA&T won the NCAA 4x4 relay, that just doesn't happen, but it did.

This is becoming an incredible story.
I'm assuming this is the first 5 star an HBCU has had in decades....if not ever.

Congrats to all involved!

But he flipped from Florida State, so my wife's alma mater lost out.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here is some trivia some won't believe

The President to give the most to HCBUs--an enormous 360 million--was the last President (begins with a T). lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Deion will be at a P5 in 24 months and likely take his top kids with him.
My guess is without the health scare he would have gotten a P5 opening this year.
He wanted that FSU job badly so was mad at them and used his Portnoy relationship to steal their top recruit.

Hunter can play 1 year at JSU then transfer straight into another large NIL deal and starring role if he so chooses.
The loose transfer rules and NIL stuff make for a wild, wild ride but it does seem to genuinely benefit the kids.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Here is some trivia some won't believe

The President to give the most to HCBUs--an enormous 360 million--was the last President (begins with a T). lol
That's no longer true.
Biden just assigned them 3 Billion in the latest Spending bill. He initially sought 10 Billion