Deja vú?

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Two years ago there were 3 red hot RB's (K.Jones, S. Jackson & Perry iirc) in the draft and we needed a RB, so we traded down and got a "2nd tier" RB (JJ)who physically was right there with the others an extra 2nd and 4th. Could we be in the same boat? Could Howard or McIntosh or one of those be close enough for Tuna to drop out from the first for a 2nd a 4th and a 1st next year again? That came out pretty good last time...:cunning: or :drunk:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
L-O-Jete said:
Two years ago there were 3 red hot RB's (K.Jones, S. Jackson & Perry iirc) in the draft and we needed a RB, so we traded down and got a "2nd tier" RB (JJ)who physically was right there with the others an extra 2nd and 4th. Could we be in the same boat? Could Howard or McIntosh or one of those be close enough for Tuna to drop out from the first for a 2nd a 4th and a 1st next year again? That came out pretty good last time...:cunning: or :drunk:

I was thinking the same thing,

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
We actually got the 2005 1st, 2004 2nd, and 2004 5th, not a 4th. We picked Sean Ryan with that 5th.
I stand corrected. What was the drop that time? I think it was from 21st or 22nd right? And how far did we drop? to the 8th in the 2nd?
Most everybody seems to be fine with either Lawson, Carpenter or Wimbley, Athletically T.Howard is their equal and Tuna can teach him anything he needs to know about the position. With the other 2nd we can grab whomever falls from Allen, Simpson, Whittier, Williams, Moss, Oregon WR, etc. and get an extra 1st next year.
I really wouldn't mind this at all. I think every draft after the first 10-15 picks from pick 16-45 they are kind of bunched up, why not roll the dice you do get a top 10 pick next year?

MiStar

Reaction score
The problem with this is that teams remember how Buffalo got fleeced.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
MiStar said:
The problem with this is that teams remember how Buffalo got fleeced.
They got who they wanted, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but that is a crapshoot as is every draft choice. Numbers wise I think we got "fleeced", since we all thought Buffalo's first the next year was going to be a top 15 and ended up being a 20th or so.