Delivery Food Tipping

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My first was a '70 Buick LeSabre...in 1982. Big, heavy, ugly car.
Runwild be rollin'

57255602-770-0@2X.jpg

My first was a used '98 Ford Ranger in 91' It had 48k miles on it.

It looked like this one, but the hub caps weren't missing lol.

ford-ranger-1989-6.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Runwild be rollin'

57255602-770-0@2X.jpg

My first was a used '98 Ford Ranger in 91' It had 48k miles on it.

It looked like this one, but the hub caps weren't missing lol.

ford-ranger-1989-6.jpg
Same color even.......at least when it was new. By the time I got it, not so much.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but they are allowed to pay the $2.13 when they factor in tips. Delivery drivers don't rely on tips to get minimum wage.
That's actually changed in the Big 3 pizza places (and probably more). Drivers now can be paid as low as food servers when they are delivering food, and their pay gets bumped up if they are working restaurant work. It's split wage and it's legal now.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That's actually changed in the Big 3 pizza places (and probably more). Drivers now can be paid as low as food servers when they are delivering food, and their pay gets bumped up if they are working restaurant work. It's split wage and it's legal now.

I found that out a few years ago. Earlier in life I made my living delivering for papa John's. We got paid minimum or better depending on how long you worked there. No delivery fee, at that time is was I think 5.5% of the order to cover gas plus wear and tear. Sucked if you took a $6 order miles away, great if you took a $100 order. Once they started charging a delivery fee I asked if the drivers got it and was told no they got like a dollar of the $2.50. Later I learned when they checked out for delivery the hourly pay went down. Kick in the butt. I always tip 3-4 dollars. Good for where I live I think.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Interesting. I think it's gotten worse, as people have moved to a mostly cashless commerce system.