Video: DeMarco Murray-led ground game gives Cowboys playoff hopes

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
This is a great analysis of the recent changes in our offensive game plan. The interactive video and analysis are a nice watch and read.
DeMarco Murray-led ground game gives Cowboys playoff hopes
By Bucky Brooks
NFL Media analyst
Published: Sept. 23, 2014 at 05:02 p.m

In past seasons, Jason Garrett's Dallas Cowboys have favored a pass-centric approach on offense. While it certainly made sense to rely on a Pro Bowl quarterback (Tony Romo) and a talented set of receivers (headlined by Dez Bryant), this game plan didn't help the Cowboys land a playoff berth, despite the fact that they routinely fielded one of the most explosive offenses in football.

With the 2014 Cowboys promising a new offensive approach built around a potent running game and diverse passing attack, I thought I'd take a long, hard look at the All-22 Coaches Film, to see if Garrett's attempt to become a blue-collar offense is sensible and effective, given the players on his roster. What I discovered: Dallas (2-1) finally has an offensive identity that could make it a viable threat in the NFC East.

Here are three reasons to think a more balanced offense is yielding fine results in Dallas:

interactive video and commentary breakdown here... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ayled-ground-game-gives-cowboys-playoff-hopes

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
I read that yesterday and that was very very very well done. For any one who likes the Xs and Os that's some gold. And the interactive gifs are a discovery as well.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
I hope they stay committed to the running game.

No doubt they will. However, I think they will be leaning on Romo more this week due to the potential for a high scoring performance by the Saints. Out defense might be highly tested for the first time this season. On the one hand, our running game needs to keep Brees off the field and on the same hand, our defense off the field as well. It absolutely needs to be a balanced mix with New Orleans. No room for error. Turnovers will be the death of us.

Success on the ground and in the air. Our defense will no doubt yield, but our offense will have to remain diligent.

Last edited: