Twitter: Demarco Murray Media Tweets - 08/26/13

dstovall5

Reaction score
Interceptions can be a throw that clearly shouldn't have been attempted by the QB, or a great play by the D.

Same with a RB, could just be a perfect hit by the defender, or the result of the RB not putting enough emphasis on protecting the ball.

Interceptions can also be due to the WR running the wrong route, pass deflection, unlucky bounces, and many other factors. It's not always "a throw that shouldn't have been attempted", or even "a great play by the D".

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Depends on what you'll accept as proof.

How about an actual quote of Romo not accepting responsibility for an interception. Here I'll start us off by finding one where he does:

"Well, you have to get over it -- it's just going to suck for a few days now, obviously," Romo said after the game. "It's going to sit there in your stomach and just eat at you. In different situations out there where you're trying to do too much and help out different areas, I think that it's going to catch up to you at some point in the National Football League. I'm going to have to reassess a couple of things that are happening and make sure that they don't happen again."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...t-game-five-interceptions-035054191--nfl.html

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Interceptions can also be due to the WR running the wrong route, pass deflection, unlucky bounces, and many other factors. It's not always "a throw that shouldn't have been attempted", or even "a great play by the D".

The point was that sometimes its the QB's fault, and sometimes the D just plays it perfectly.. not to point out every different situation that can result in a pick.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I knew something must have happened when a Demarco thread goes 9+ pages.
Who is the chump who had to bring up Romo anyways??

But, if Romo goes on this streak of multiple interceptions/or interceptions in every game....why not?

dstovall5

Reaction score
The point was that sometimes its the QB's fault, and sometimes the D just plays it perfectly.. not to point out every different situation that can result in a pick.

Mmk. I just read it that you were saying an interception is either black or white. For example, that Jason Witten foot interception still kills me today, just luck of the bounce.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When talking about holding players accountable, im clearly referencing JG here. Being held accountable by fans or media is a fantasy. They don't have the power to hold any player accountable for anything.

This is turning into a much bigger deal than it really is..all i was saying was that, based off of JG's message of accountability, if you're going to pull your starting RB for a turnover, you should pull your starting QB for a turnover as well.. if you think they were both at fault of making bad decisions with the ball.

And that is a wrong assumption. You don't treat all players the same. The idea that Garret should treat all players equally is flawed. Just ask Jimmy Johnson.

And that's not even taking into account the MAJOR point that this was a preseason game. This probably is not a move JG makes during a real game.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
And that is a wrong assumption. You don't treat all players the same. The idea that Garret should treat all players equally is flawed. Just ask Jimmy Johnson.

And that's not even taking into account the MAJOR point that this was a preseason game. This probably is not a move JG makes during a real game.

It wasn't an assumption one way or the other.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Garrett probably wanted to send a message to the team as much as he did DM.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
How about an actual quote of Romo not accepting responsibility for an interception. Here I'll start us off by finding one where he does:

"Well, you have to get over it -- it's just going to suck for a few days now, obviously," Romo said after the game. "It's going to sit there in your stomach and just eat at you. In different situations out there where you're trying to do too much and help out different areas, I think that it's going to catch up to you at some point in the National Football League. I'm going to have to reassess a couple of things that are happening and make sure that they don't happen again."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...t-game-five-interceptions-035054191--nfl.html

Well, the thing is he'd never blast a teammate publicly over it, so you'll never get that quote. But if you watch the games, which I assume you do, you'll see several cases where something goes wrong and he's angry at the receiver for it.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Was I the only one that was disappointing in Murray's play? Seems like the guy never breaks a run anymore, then when they put Dunbar or Tanner in they are making plays. Maybe Murray is not the guy we think he is? Just IMO, maybe its the O-line but Murray's gotta get better and quit fumbling the ball.

Fredd

Reaction score
so, if Ty Smith gives up a sack that results in Tony getting pounded, do we replace him for a series? wouldn't this just exacerbate the problem? We would then put some schlub in that would get Tony pounded again? benching Murray was the message that needed to be sent; message delivered

move along

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Was I the only one that was disappointing in Murray's play? Seems like the guy never breaks a run anymore, then when they put Dunbar or Tanner in they are making plays. Maybe Murray is not the guy we think he is? Just IMO, maybe its the O-line but Murray's gotta get better and quit fumbling the ball.

Where are all these plays that Tanner has made this preseason? The guy is averaging under 4 ypc this preseason, largely against teams 2nd and 3rd strings.

He had a good first game against Miami in the HoF game, and since then he's done absolutely nothing.

Let's backtrack and show Murray some respect. The guy has gotten it done for us when he's been healthy the first two years. Its not like he has a known fumbling problem. Like he said, everyone understands how important it is to take care of the ball. You don't need to bench him or anyone else for them to know that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would have benched Romo for a quarter or so at one point early last season.

At some point you have to send the message that you need to just slow it down and take what the D is giving you and not try to force so many in there.

If you're a QB in the NFL, especially a vet like Romo.. it shouldn't scare you at all. These guys are adults, they can get a message without being scared when they go back out there.

Do you think DeMarco is going to "run scared" now when the regular season starts? You think he's going to be more hesitent and just make sure he has two hands on the ball at all times more than he worries about exploding through the hole? No..

That's really off the topic.. but its run its course anyway.

I don't see any other coach doing it why would Garrett? Agin because of the risk taking and yes QB take risk to fit balls into tight areas this is the NFL not college most of the coverage is much tighter if a QB is looking over his shoulder all the time then he is not going to be as effective he will begin to play safe and when you do that you don't make plays. RB is nothing like the QB spot Murray has one main job hold on to the ball, we do not ask the RB to take risk with the ball.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I don't see any other coach doing it why would Garrett? Agin because of the risk taking and yes QB take risk to fit balls into tight areas this is the NFL not college most of the coverage is much tighter if a QB is looking over his shoulder all the time then he is not going to be as effective he will begin to play safe and when you do that you don't make plays. RB is nothing like the QB spot Murray has one main job hold on to the ball, we do not ask the RB to take risk with the ball.

:rolleyes:

Im pretty sure if that was a RB's main job, i could be a RB in the NFL.

But we both know that isn't the RB's main job.. and if it was, Adrian Peterson would have been out of a job, a LONGGGG time ago.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Im pretty sure if that was a RB's main job, i could be a RB in the NFL.

But we both know that isn't the RB's main job.. and if it was, Adrian Peterson would have been out of a job, a LONGGGG time ago.

Of course his job is to gain yards but he is not having to make decisions on who to get the ball to, he holds on to the ball no matter if it is a 1 yard run or a 50 yard run 1st thing a RB coach will tell him is hold on to the ball. Mean time an NFL QB is going through reads and is fitting passes into tight coverage often times with pressure coming down on him. The position is not the same. RB are not accused of not winning the game guess who is the QB. If Dallas loses no one is saying well Murray is to blame who takes it that is right Romo. Hell most of the post here are to claim how Romo can't win the big game no one eles is taking that crap. Coaches do not pull QB that easy and yes they will pull other position players for making mistakes a hell of alot quicker than they will a QB. To claim that Garrett not pulling Romo underminds the message he is trying to send to the players is stupid.

Garrett is sending a message to this team and it is funny critics here holler how no one is held accoutable yet when Garrett does hold a player accoutable now it does not mean anything. Give me a break!!!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Of course his job is to gain yards but he is not having to make decisions on who to get the ball to, he holds on to the ball no matter if it is a 1 yard run or a 50 yard run 1st thing a RB coach will tell him is hold on to the ball. Mean time an NFL QB is going through reads and is fitting passes into tight coverage often times with pressure coming down on him. The position is not the same. RB are not accused of not winning the game guess who is the QB. If Dallas loses no one is saying well Murray is to blame who takes it that is right Romo. Hell most of the post here are to claim how Romo can't win the big game no one eles is taking that crap. Coaches do not pull QB that easy and yes they will pull other position players for making mistakes a hell of alot quicker than they will a QB. To claim that Garrett not pulling Romo underminds the message he is trying to send to the players is stupid.

Garrett is sending a message to this team and it is funny critics here holler how no one is held accoutable yet when Garrett does hold a player accoutable now it does not mean anything. Give me a break!!!

Honestly, i think the only one hollering right now.. is you, dooms.

Also, you're greatly oversimplifying the RB's job.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Honestly, i think the only one hollering right now.. is you, dooms.

Also, you're greatly oversimplifying the RB's job.

You think the RB is taking on more risk than QB? How often is he getting the ball to other players? Ummmm NONE? Yes he has to run tough gain yards and hold on to the ball you want to compare that to what is asked of the QB? Like it or not call it double standard if you choose but teams do not yank QB that quick. If over series of games the QB is failing then yes of course a change is made but no one is yanking a QB for a series or 2 after he makes a mistake as they would another position.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You think the RB is taking on more risk than QB? How often is he getting the ball to other players? Ummmm NONE? Yes he has to run tough gain yards and hold on to the ball you want to compare that to what is asked of the QB? Like it or not call it double standard if you choose but teams do not yank QB that quick. If over series of games the QB is failing then yes of course a change is made but no one is yanking a QB for a series or 2 after he makes a mistake as they would another position.

No.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Well, the thing is he'd never blast a teammate publicly over it, so you'll never get that quote. But if you watch the games, which I assume you do, you'll see several cases where something goes wrong and he's angry at the receiver for it.

You can't be serious ... You probably think Romo was wrong for chewing out Escobar last game too. How about these guys do their JOB and learn their routes and assignments. I don't know about you, but I love that quality in my QB.