Demarco Murray on sirius

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Don Corleone;3936447 said:
Exactly. That's why the offense became so predictable. With Barber in on anything longer than 3rd and 2, it was bound to be a pass play. Opposing defenses picked up on that.

This is ONE of the things that most of our fans on here don't seem to understand. Most everyone complained the past two or three years that our offense was too predictable. At times it was for just the reason you stated. We draft a very good and versatile RB to change that and we still have 75% of posters on here *****ing and moaning. Unbelieveable.

Woods

Reaction score
I know it's overkill, but I wish we somehow could have also gotten a young power back like A Bradford out of USC. Could you imagine Felix, D Murray, and Bradford. Plus Chapas blocking.

You could really do a lot of damage with a backfield like that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the thing about criticizing our backs. Our offensive line sucked last season. They were inconsistent in pass protection and TERRIBLE in run blocking. And that's why I would NOT have a problem if we brought back Choice, Barber and Felix. Maybe they do because they don't believe Murray is ready or maybe they don't. Either way, I don't feel our backs are bad. I think the O-line was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Woods;3936537 said:
I know it's overkill, but I wish we somehow could have also gotten a young power back like A Bradford out of USC. Could you imagine Felix, D Murray, and Bradford. Plus Chapas blocking.

You could really do a lot of damage with a backfield like that.

Personally i'd be more intrigued by a Choice, Murray, Felix and Barber combo with a good offensive line.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
CCBoy;3936305 said:
You know, Theo...that is actually interesting. But the trade for Choice would require the addition of another runner, at least in free agency. That is doable with the large glut of running backs taken this draft. I kind of wonder if Choice has fallen out of 'grace' with the team?

He certainly has fallen out of grace here on the zone. LOL

VACowboy

Reaction score
DanManJ;3936369 said:
say what you want about barber but i dont think his pass blocking has ever been in question.

I think it's his running that's in question.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
diehard2294;3936259 said:
Recap as best I can:

They said they were going to use him at Wr and special teams as well as RB

Hmmmm........haven't we heard this before?

Sounds an awful lot like the snake oil we were sold when Felix was taken.

Thanks for the recap though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3936665 said:
Hmmmm........haven't we heard this before?

Sounds an awful lot like the snake oil we were sold when Felix was taken.

Thanks for the recap though.

True. But from what I've read, this guy is much more advanced as a receiver than Felix. Felix had 39 total receptions in college while Murray had 71 in 2010 alone - over 150 for his career. That's a huge difference. Catching 70 balls in one season tells me this guy is very comfortable and advanced as a receiver out of the backfield.

His ability to catch, block and running style makes him a nice nickel offense RB. We don't need the guy to be Emmitt Smith. Who knows how he pans out but i like how his skill set matches with the role it appears he will fill.

I'm really interested to see who gets the boot b/t Barber and Choice. Barber seems to be the logical choice due to his contract but i believe Garrett likes Barber more than Choice as a player .

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;3936278 said:
In the post-draft interview Stephen Jones made a repeated emphasis of building the defense by free agency and trades.

I think they're planning to trade Choice and cut Barber.
They may try, but there isn't much of a market for a middle of the road guy like Choice. Maybe a conditional later round pick.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
ukinto8;3936387 said:
problem is he's rarely in on 3rd downs anymore, Murray will the 3rd down back AND can block
Yeah I think people started discovering that the way we used Barber on 3rd downs was more of a blocking back rather than a run. We came up short in so many instances on 3rd and short. It kind of tipped our hand as to what we were going to do.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;3936945 said:
True. But from what I've read, this guy is much more advanced as a receiver than Felix. Felix had 39 total receptions in college while Murray had 71 in 2010 alone - over 150 for his career. That's a huge difference. Catching 70 balls in one season tells me this guy is very comfortable and advanced as a receiver out of the backfield.

His ability to catch, block and running style makes him a nice nickel offense RB. We don't need the guy to be Emmitt Smith. Who knows how he pans out but i like how his skill set matches with the role it appears he will fill.

I'm really interested to see who gets the boot b/t Barber and Choice. Barber seems to be the logical choice due to his contract but i believe Garrett likes Barber more than Choice as a player .
I'm not sure why that would be the case though, Barber was the one outright ignoring the dress code last year. You think things like that go over well when you've got rookies on the team?

morasp

Reaction score
There were two flags on Murray. The injuries and his senior bowl where he really struggled. That's why he fell. If we've done our homework and they were non issues we got a steal. He looks like he could help the offense. If not we'll be draftin another one in a few years.