DeMarco Murray reminds me of former Denver Bronco Terrell Davis

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I'm in the "Lets tap the brakes" crowd.

The kid had a super game. Let's see how it translates into the rest of the season before the anointing oil completely drowns him.

GRD

Benched
Reaction score
silver;4198953 said:
DeMarco Murray reminds me of former Denver Bronco Terrell Davis as far as physical traits and running style. Not to mention that they both had an "injury prone" reputation that hurt them in the draft. One can only wish for equal results.

Reminds Me Of.... Adrian Peterson :bow:

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;4199006 said:
Yeah but that ONE game was pretty special...
Dunno why but those comments made me think of this.

[youtube]vO4YBI2eaJ8[/youtube]

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:laugh2:

I see Cowboys fans are getting ahead of themselves again. I guess that's why we're so rollercoaster when a guys have a bad game.

Sigh.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4199444 said:

The kid had a super game. Let's see how it translates into the rest of the season before the anointing oil completely drowns him.

:clap:

I like that imagery. Great job.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4199444 said:

Yeah I certainly am not going to start comparing him to every good player that's ever been. He's nothing like McFadden or Thurman Thomas to my eyes. He did look good though. Can't wait to see what they can do against the Eagles, they should continue to be able to move the ball anyway.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4199532 said:
His running style kinda reminds me of Ricky Waters.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Minus the fumbling and the alligator arms, of course.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
The Panch;4198974 said:
It's one game.
It was also the NFL's 9th greatest rushing performance of All Time.
CaptainAmerica;4199365 said:
This guy was a beast in College at one of the top programs in the country.

Not sure why some are acting as if it was Philip Tanner that had the break out game yesterday and telling everyone to calm down. The guy has tremendous talent.

I like the Terrell Davis comparison. Not saying he will have that kind of career but that is someone he reminds me of in his running style.
Great point. Some of us already knew the potential we were getting with Murray. Some draft experts had him as a first round grade so it's not like he was just some nobody off the street that lit it up yesterday.

Nexx

Reaction score
i dont think the op was saying murray is terrell davis but comparing his build, and running style to davis.

i think the people who are posting the "tap the brakes" posts should be the ones tapping the brakes and realize what the op is is trying to convey instead of jumping conclusions.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nexx;4199713 said:
i dont think the op was saying murray is terrell davis but comparing his build, and running style to davis.

i think the people who are posting the "tap the brakes" posts should be the ones tapping the brakes and realize what the op is is trying to convey instead of jumping conclusions.

The problem with the comparisons is that as soon as you link Murray to one of the greats, you are inviting the comparisons even if you offer a disclaimer.

The only reason for the comparison is because of Murray's great/historic rushing day. Would this thread have been offered had Murray rushed for 60 yards? Somehow, I don't think so.

Second, truth be told, you could compare any running back with any great rusher in terms of style. One of the football draft magazines does this when it tries to compare a running back out of college with a pro player with a similar running style. So I really don't know if the comparison tells us that much other than to share some obvious information data. Okay, so his running style is like Terrell Davis'? So what does that mean? What does that say beyond the obvious? Is one saying that he could be as similarly productive as Terrell Davis? What significance is there in stating that he has a similar style to Davis?

I remember when Tashard Choice started in place of an injured Felix and Barber a few years back how posters were comparing his running style to that of Emmitt Smith's. I wonder if the same posters feel the same way now? Why was it significant to make such a comparison?

It's great that DeMarco Murray had a recording-setting day for the Cowboys. But I don't know if this is any more a projection about his comparison to TD than saying at the time Timmy Smith setting the Super Bowl rushing record for the Commanders projected him to be another Earl Campbell. And Timmy Smith went on to accomplish absolutely nothing from thereon.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4199701 said:
I wouldn't mind that at all.

Minus the fumbling and the alligator arms, of course.

Yeah, I hated Ricky Watters but he had an interesting mix of running skills and receiving skills. Would not compare the two in their desire to play or in their personalities but in their running style, they are similar IMO. Both have excellent acceleration, both are bigger backs, both are cut back runners, both had exceptional hands. I see a lot of similarities in the two, just from that perspective.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
demarco kind of looked like adrian peterson at there yesterday, breaking tackles and making big runs. Hitting the hole hard.

speaking on running backs.
I love what Trey Wingo said on espn today "Stop its Tanner Time" (could be tanners new thing...lol).

Man I hope we see more of murray and tanner. And none of choice. lol

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4199365 said:
This guy was a beast in College at one of the top programs in the country.

Not sure why some are acting as if it was Philip Tanner that had the break out game yesterday and telling everyone to calm down. The guy has tremendous talent.

I like the Terrell Davis comparison. Not saying he will have that kind of career but that is someone he reminds me of in his running style.

:hammer:

He also reminds me of Stephen Davis, :skins:the way he falls forward for 3 yards when it looks like a definite loss.

rathalarge

Reaction score
silver;4198953 said:
DeMarco Murray reminds me of former Denver Bronco Terrell Davis as far as physical traits and running style. Not to mention that they both had an "injury prone" reputation that hurt them in the draft. One can only wish for equal results.
Good analogy.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
When Romo and Miles had their first starts and set the gridiron on fire, I said on both occasions, "If they three-peat back to back, I am on the bandwagon". The same holds true for Murray. I pray he lives up to my wildest imagination. This week I am going to imagine the possibilities. I suggest everyone else do the same.