DeMarcus Lawrence, "It's a contract year, so what."

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not paying more than 5-7 million a year. Sorry it's too risky For more than that with his injury history. If someone wants to overpay him I'm fine with the 4th round comp pick.

I think 4 years 20-25 million is reasonable.

Verdict

Reaction score
His logic is bad. The criticism is that he'll only give max effort when his payday is at stake. Wanting to be in Dallas forever isn't necessarily equivalent to being prepared to continue going all out once you've been paid.

Saying that, I think the criticism is misplaced. I've seen nothing in D-Law to suggest he loafs in non-contract years. His issue has been injuries.

Yes. That and a 4 game suspension.

Verdict

Reaction score
He can BS all he wants, he's suddenly healthy as ever and playing well because it's a contract year.

I don't think he's suddenly healthy because it is a contract year. He is probably healthy because, well, he's actually healthy.

Those who don't think he is giving extra effort because it is a contract year are probably fooling themselves. He is also playing better because he is in his physical and mental prime as a player.

Having said that he got suspended for four games and hasn't always set the world on fire. You have to stir the negatives into his contract value when deciding how much to offer him.

We could get ac3rd for him as a compensatory pick if he walks after this year. You have to consider that as well.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think it's a dumb concept.

He's in his 4th year. And that's generally when a player will start to play his best. I wouldn't expect him to play his best during his rookie year. I think it's optimistic to think he would have his best year during his second year. Especially at the DE position. He couldn't force the Cowboys to signing him to a 6 year contract.

So he was likely start getting better by this point of his career anyway. I'm just glad he is playing well. It sure beats the alternative.

YR

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: if Dmac gets 16 sacks, it's because he's playing for a contract and if he gets that contract he's not going to want to perform up to that standard again? :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stand down.

Tyrone is a hell of a guy.

He is a team ambassador. Thus, earns check.

My bad...
:(

im-good-enough-im-smart-enough-and-gosh-darn-it-11810719.png

conner01

Reaction score
His logic is bad. The criticism is that he'll only give max effort when his payday is at stake. Wanting to be in Dallas forever isn't necessarily equivalent to being prepared to continue going all out once you've been paid.

Saying that, I think the criticism is misplaced. I've seen nothing in D-Law to suggest he loafs in non-contract years. His issue has been injuries.
All about being healthy
Can't wait to see him and irving lined up together

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Ellis Hatcher and Spencer all had breakout contract years. I can't say I'm not surprised, sadly.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm not paying more than 5-7 million a year. Sorry it's too risky For more than that with his injury history. If someone wants to overpay him I'm fine with the 4th round comp pick.

I think 4 years 20-25 million is reasonable.
Not a chance of signing a double digit sack guy for 5 mil
Let him walk so we can complain about no pass rush