Signed by Cowboys DeMarcus Lawrence signs franchise tender

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence’s agent David Canter announced on Monday evening that Lawrence has signed the tender for a one-year deal. With the salary cap for the 2018 season set, we now know that Lawrence will make $17.143 million if he plays out the year under the terms of the tag.

Lawrence and the Cowboys can also continue to talk about a deal that would run beyond the 2018 season. The deadline to get such a deal done isn’t until July 16, which leaves plenty of time for those conversations to take place.

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/05/demarcus-lawrence-signs-franchise-tender/

glimmerman

Reaction score
Kool. Maybe they talk but I am not sure if I would gamble or not if I am the front office. He will want a lot of money and has back issues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kool. Maybe they talk but I am not sure if I would gamble or not if I am the front office. He will want a lot of money and has back issues.
I didn't see any sign of back issues being a problem this past season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I didn't see any sign of back issues being a problem this past season.
Nope. I think they gave him some additional rest during the week here and there during the season. But most vet players will get that. But lots of money to drop in we do it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope. I think they gave him some additional rest during the week here and there during the season. But most vet players will get that. But lots of money to drop in we do it.
Everyone is a risk, and they could give him an incentive laden contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everyone is a risk, and they could give him an incentive laden contract.

Crawford and Ratliff and spencer. Sign these guys and were are always injured. But ratliff really screwed JJ. We are snake bitten.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He could blow out his knee during the season opener, or rupture an Achilles. Or sustain a 3 week concussion. Its football injuries happen. I wonder if he balls out this year if people will use, "contract year?"

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I truly think that playing this year under the tag is the best decision this team can make in regards to DLaw

glimmerman

Reaction score
He could blow out his knee during the season opener, or rupture an Achilles. Or sustain a 3 week concussion. Its football injuries happen. I wonder if he balls out this year if people will use, "contract year?"
I used contract year excuse this year.. lol

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, Ratt was a ......rat.
Not until he was though

Before he lost it he was an underpaid force on the inside that gave it his all

Did he turn after he got paid big bucks or when he got hurt and didn't want to hurry back

No one can see that stuff coming

BigD5

Reaction score
Love this. Big fan of Demarcus Lawrence!

Also I have loved seeing his reaction to getting the franchise tag. It seems most players that get tagged are or become disgruntled. But not DLaw! He has displayed a great positive attitude! Fantastic representative of the Dallas Cowboys!