DeMarcus Ware and Julian Petersen

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
theebs, we get it :rolleyes:

yeah sorry about that, I dont like being called out as meaningless especially by someone who is factually wrong!!!

MONT17

Reaction score
I think everyone in AMERICA knows this is a DEEP OLB class except ARRINGTON and PETERSON.... who will have more frequent flyer miles?

I know ARRINGTON wanted to be a TRU Commander but what he did was DUMB as SHTT!!! does he not have an agent who tells him this is the BEST OLB class EVER!!!

:sshhh: Hopefully they can rack up those miles!!!

Reaction score
since when does the strong side LBer have to be a great big run stopper and not a pass rusher?? formations are hardly that cookie cutter... but a good player over there and don't worry about it...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Yeah, just like Zimmer snuffed out Ware's ability to have one of the best rookie years ever for an OLB :rolleyes:

Zimmer believes in not giving up the big play, I'll give you that. But here's my question: Would you rather have 8 sacks and 2-3 INTs in a game but give up 21 points because the aggresiveness gave up a few big plays, or have just a few sacks, 1 or no INTs, but only give up 10 points?

Zimmer simply believes in the latter, as do I.

8 sacks & 2-3 ints per game? I'll take that uin a heartbeat. With those kind of stats it's easy to beat 21points.

btw: i don't think when you dominate a opponend like that, that there is a chance this teams scores 21 points on you.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TwentyOne said:
8 sacks & 2-3 ints per game? I'll take that uin a heartbeat. With those kind of stats it's easy to beat 21points.

You're missing the point, what if the other team has a dominant defense too?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
since when does the strong side LBer have to be a great big run stopper and not a pass rusher?? formations are hardly that cookie cutter... but a good player over there and don't worry about it...

It is nice if the guy can rush the passer, but since it is the strong side lined up against the tight end most times it is the side most teams run to and the harder side to pass rush from.

Like I said, you want that guy to be able to get to the qb, but the primary focus is being able to shed blocks and play the run.......Its not that formations are cookie cutter it is just that it has always been the strong sides responsiblity, now you will get sacks from there and you want a guy who can, but you dont pay a strong side backer weak side money and that is why drafting the guy for over there is perfect, peterson and arrington are pass rushers and will command pass rushing dollars....no sense in spending money like that on the strong side with the draft coming up and us being in good position to pick the guy we want.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
peterson is light years ahead of al singleton or anyone else on this team that would play LOLB...even with the injuries

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
When you have the opponent beat you with 4 minutes left in the game TWICE to beat you, it is indeed the players fault. But if you are playing agressive and getting pressure on the QB, Brunnell doesn't make that throw once, let alone twice. It was conservative playcalling on the defensive side of the ball that cost that game.
Forget it CC. Zimmer apoligist on board.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
peterson is light years ahead of al singleton or anyone else on this team that would play LOLB...even with the injuries

yea your completely right, but his demand for $$$$$ is lightyears ahead of any rookie, and singleton might be gone by season start . . . if peterson doesnt ask to much he will be a cowboy, but this is highly unlikely with his agent . . .

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
THe 3-4 depends on disguising your 4th rusher. When we lined up with Ware at OLB, and SIngleton/Fujita at the other spot, teams knew that Ware was coming. If we get Peterson or not I don't know, but we need somebody with his abilities opposite of Ware. It will imrpove this defense vastly.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
I personally think we should give Petersen a shot. It is true that the opposition won't know who's blitzing, Petersen or Ware. Plus, think of that speed at OLB.