Twitter: DeMarcus Ware - Hall of Fame Class of 2022 nominee

conner01

Reaction score
#94 is a first ballot HOFer.
A player with more sacks than Ware had to wait till second year
Strahan
Timing matters and there is no one ahead of him in sacks this class so it’s possible but Michael Strahan has more sacks and didn’t get in first year

Reactions: BAT

Tussinman

Reaction score
First ballot easy

:clap:
I think he makes first ballot for 3 reasons

1. It's a very weak class for 1st time candiates. That favors Ware, he won't have to fight a bunch of other ultra elite talent (complete opposite this year, 3 candiates got in first ballot for 2021 class since it was a loaded class).
2. He played a high dollar premier position. Premier positions (defensive edge, LT, and QB) usually get in really quick. You don't see elite talent just linger around like you do with interior o-line and secondary
3. His resume is incredible. 2000s all decade team, 9x pro bowl, 100 sack club, 1st or 2nd team all-pro 7x, was actively recruited by Denver to be one of the final peices of a superbowl championship team.

I don't see how he doesn't make first ballot especially given the class

Tussinman

Reaction score
A player with more sacks than Ware had to wait till second year
Strahan
Timing matters and there is no one ahead of him in sacks this class so it’s possible but Michael Strahan has more sacks and didn’t get in first year
Strahan was just bad luck. His 1st year was the same year as 2 players that had made the all decade team for 2 different decades (Warren Sapp and Larry Allen) and Jonathan Odgen whose arguably a top 50 player of all time.

If Strahan has been eligible one year prior (2012 class) he would easily been first ballot.

The 2022 class is weak like the 2012 class so Ware should easily get in

conner01

Reaction score
Strahan was just bad luck. His 1st year was the same year as 2 players that had made the all decade team for 2 different decades (Warren Sapp and Larry Allen) and Jonathan Odgen whose arguably a top 50 player of all time.

If Strahan has been eligible one year prior (2012 class) he would easily been first ballot.

The 2022 class is weak like the 2012 class so Ware should easily get in
Situations do matter
Who else is in the class with you is huge
But strahan also had the east coast media and still didn’t get in
I think Ware should but there are lots of guys in I don’t think deserve it and lots who aren’t I think do

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Put him in the Sack Technician Hall of Fame only. But he wasn't clutch enough for the regular HOF!

:muttley:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's a shame Ware got a ring elsewhere. Looking at the list, Pat Swilling was a dominant pass rusher DPOY, should get in IMO.

Im just glad he got it.

He’s probably in my top 3 favorite Cowboys ever.