DeMarcus Ware pass rush moves...

dallas2G

Reaction score
I was in Oxnard for the first week of camp and yes, Ware does have some new moves. I did notice on a few occasions he would use a spin move on the blocker.

I'm assuming he hasn't used his new tricks because he hasn't played long enough in one game. It should be exciting to see him swim or spin past OL, and then bull rush them like the poor guy from the Saints.

yennor24

Reaction score
theogt said:
Why wouldn't he?

Because if you show your moves during preseason then regualar season teams (J'Ville) will have film on your new moves. I bet the guys in practice have seen some of them.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
yennor24 said:
Because if you show your moves during preseason then regualar season teams (J'Ville) will have film on your new moves. I bet the guys in practice have seen some of them.....
Yes. He must keep the coveted swim technique a secret.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
I haven't noticed him doing just a whole lot of rushing the passer. Parcells talked about in the PC today how they haven't used any of their blitz packages or done much of anything to really put pressure on the QB. They've stuck with their base defenses to work on the basics and get their techniques just right.

I was away in Maine this week and watched this game. So, I haven't gotten online since before the game. I thought "man if this is just the vanilla version of this defense, we are going to be stout!". Really, we didn't blitz, but we shut down the starters on defense two weeks in a row. This defense may end up being the best in the NFL this season....

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
TheKey said:
No one doubts this kid should be better at coverage and is excellent at run stoppage, but I have yet to see him make any other pass moves other than the bull rush, or speed rush. Didnt he add a spin or something new?
I don''t know what he did or didn't add, but I bet that bull rush of his is going to be a lot more effective this year. He turned Jamaal Brown into a dancing bear who was haplessly tripping backwards. That really was something to see, wasn't it?

dogberry

Reaction score
How did he do that? Brown is sixty pounds heavier. That was an amazing play.

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score
dogberry said:
How did he do that? Brown is sixty pounds heavier. That was an amazing play.
Ware has added a nice bull rush.

Also at TC I saw him twice do a very good spin move. Both times he was somewhat off-balance coming out of it, so we'll see.

MiStar

Reaction score
He doesn't have a good spin move, but very few players do. Freeney is the prime exception to the rule. Unless you have an amazing spin move, you are better off not turning your back on an OT.

K-Mart

Reaction score
Doubt he would pull out his new bag of tricks against Tackles he will probably have to see in the regular season.....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheKey said:
No one doubts this kid should be better at coverage and is excellent at run stoppage, but I have yet to see him make any other pass moves other than the bull rush, or speed rush. Didnt he add a spin or something new?

NOTE: I am not bashing him I think he will be excellent, along with the rest of the D, but just asking a question.

who cares...its preseason for crying out loud, he's only been on the field a limited number of plays and when he's been out there its been QUITE obvious how good he is...

David

Reaction score
Right now, they have been using Ware a lot more in coverage on passing downs. They know he can pass rush. They want him to get better in coverage. He is so quick, he can cover the TE in the flat, & still make it to the RB if the ball is dumped off.
Ware was able to bull rush Brown off his feet because of his immense strength in his legs. He also benches close to 500 lbs. Of course, if an OT sets up to protect wide, & he comes inside with his bull rush, the OT is out of position, and is easier to set up.

This vanilla defense has been so potent because the Defensive Line of Spears, Ferguson, Canty, & Ratliff has been brick wall solid. I've watched the Saints' tape several time already, & it's amazing how much stronger the line is this year. It is going to make all the diff in the world.

Most teams blitz because their "D" line isn't effective. This year, we'll be able to blitz when we WANT to, not because we HAVE to. That will make a huge difference in our success from last year to this year.