Video: Demarcus Ware: We're going deep in the playoffs

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I believe that we would have went deep into the playoffs last year had it not been for all the injuries on defense and the injury to Murray. Even with a sub par Oline I think we would have no doubt been in the playoffs, and think we would have won a couple of those games.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
"We're gonna let our play do the talking this year" would have been a good reply

Wanna sell your fans on the idea that this years is going to be different then a good start would be not saying exactly the same thing you have been for the past 3 disappointing seasons

The last time I heard Ware say anything about a playoff run was during an interview with Lindsay Rhodes a couple seasons ago. She asked him about playoffs, and his response was "Oh, we'll get there someday."

It was too blase and fatalistic, in my opinion. I much prefer confidence even if it's overconfidence.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The problem is with the interviewer lobbing softballs.
A follow up question is, "We'll we seem to hear that every year but end result has been consistently average.What is it specifically this year from the following years that makes this team better or more primed to make it deep into the playoffs"?
Follow up from there... 'What, besides rehab is going to put DWare back at the top of the sack/tackle list this year?
Last question, "Are you going to be a verbal leader for this defense this year or is someone else taking this role"?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"You say a playoff win? I say deep into the playoffs..."

"For the Cowboys, that IS 'deep into the playoffs'.."

LOL...sorry, I obviously found that hilarious lol...

Got to admire Ware for his optimism and conviction, though. That's how you want your players to respond.

Why don't you go troll the Deadskins forum where you belong?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
How often does another player on an established playoff team i.e. The New Patriots/Baltimore Ravens state their team is going far into the playoffs? And I'm being serious...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How often does another player on an established playoff team i.e. The New Patriots/Baltimore Ravens state their team is going far into the playoffs? And I'm being serious...

Probably quite often but because Ware is a Dallas Cowboy it makes BSPN.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
"Probably" doesn't quite work for me. I'm asking a serious question out of curiosity because I want to see if its as frequent as some people think. The Cowboys do a lot of talking and obviously very seldomly back it up. I don't hear much out of other teams' players but again, I pay more attention to the Cowboys than any other team so its possible that I'm just not seeing it. The Patriots are up there with the Cowboys in terms of media attention, as are the Jets. Speaking of which, Rex, a coach not a player, is the only person that comes to recent memory that makes these claims.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"Probably" doesn't quite work for me. I'm asking a serious question out of curiosity because I want to see if its as frequent as some people think. The Cowboys do a lot of talking and obviously very seldomly back it up. I don't hear much out of other teams' players but again, I pay more attention to the Cowboys than any other team so its possible that I'm just not seeing it. The Patriots are up there with the Cowboys in terms of media attention, as are the Jets. Speaking of which, Rex, a coach not a player, is the only person that comes to recent memory that makes these claims.

What other Cowboy players "do a lot of talking and obviously very seldomly back it up?"

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'm not in the prediction business however I believe IF we can stay relatively healthy then 10 wins should be within reason....

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
poor demarcus. stuck on a team with 1 playoff victory in his career. kinda feel bad for witten as well.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I think that he actually believes it when he says it. I'm sure that he has a feel for relative talent in the NFL, and talent-wise, the team should have had multiple playoff wins over his tenure.