DeMarvion Overshown full go for Cowboys opener vs. Browns: 'I'm ready to strap 'em up'

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great article on Overshown. Can't wait to see him with a few games under his belt.

DeMarvion Overshown full go for Cowboys opener vs. Browns: 'I'm ready to strap 'em up'
Patrik Walker DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
Aug 30, 2024

qazuwunuxez3hq6hxdhc.jpg

FRISCO, TX — When the Dallas Cowboys step foot into Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sept. 8, it will mark the single biggest moment in the football life of DeMarvion Overshown. The East Texas native that grew up idolizing America’s Team will, for the first time ever, take the field for an NFL regular season game with the Star on his helmet.

It's all made that much more poignant by the events of 2023, when the former Longhorn went from flying high after getting the nod as the team's third-round pick in April to suffering the worst injury of his life by way of a torn ACL in August that forced him into a redshirt season.

"I feel great," said Overshown through his trademark ear-to-ear smile. "Just making it to the season healthy is a plus, so we're already doing better than last year."

More: https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...oys-opener-vs-browns-i-m-ready-to-strap-em-up

Jarntt

Reaction score
Good news. Let's see what the kid has. I worry there will be some over aggressiveness and losing his responsibility on misdirection and the such, but I think it will be offset by him flying around and making plays. Very excited to see him in a real game finally

Bagman

Reaction score
I hope his enthusiasm doesn't result in a lot of missed tackles. Sometimes he flies around a little too fast.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Just don't go out there like a wild man with all those emotions and over think things and take yourself out of the game. Play hard, make those plays we know you can make, and ball out young man!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good for him, to finally be able to play in his first real NFL game. DeMo should be a missle by mid-season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ll see how he does with all the practices he’s missed. Just hope he’s not one of those players that always comes up with an injury.

RedLine

Reaction score
I hope he is as good as he thinks he is. He talks a good game and is very confident in his abilities. I want to see all of that on the field. Personally, I think he will struggle at this level.