DeMarvion Overshown getting some rehab work

starfan1

Reaction score
He’s the new Matt Johnson. The less he plays , the greater the legend around his ability grows. Currently , I’ve got him pencilled into the pro bowl next year
That was the hamstring dude wasn’t it?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man we could have really used him this year. Reports were that he was really having an impressive camp. This defense is special and had a chance to really be amazing with better health.
Which means he's a dud

Smith22

Reaction score
Lord knows we need linebackers. Hope he rebounds and surpasses expectations.

J-man

Reaction score
I hope this means it won't take him the normal 2 years removed from injury to return to form.

CWR

Reaction score
I was thinking of him today and wondering if his improvement and availability pushes linebacker down to third in our draft needs?
It will certainly be considered draft day. Best to just take BPA at OL, LB, WR, or DL.

CWR

Reaction score
I hope this means it won't take him the normal 2 years removed from injury to return to form.
I think we'll get a better recovery time with his injury being before the season and his youth.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Got high hopes for DO in 2024 camp.
Big time Horns fan forever and I watched his entire final season with Texas and was ecstatic when he went to Dallas in bottom of 3rd.
DO is what Q has been seeking out because the he is so much better than Kearse, Hooker, Bell in fitting into what Q has been after.
A defense that can defend the pass well, but be a player that can be depended on in run support.
Nearly impossible to have both these days, but that was Qs game plan, and scheme, just missing a piece or two still.
This defense will be intimidating next season with Parsons, Bland and DO spear heading it.

J-man

Reaction score
I think we'll get a better recovery time with his injury being before the season and his youth.
I hope so, we could use it! But, TBH I wouldn't look for him to be anything special before November. After that I think he'll be back to what he was and hopefully making plays all over the field for us.

Reactions: CWR

Mr_437

Reaction score
Overshown is 6'3, 230 lbs running a 4.56. I don't think 0 should be add much more weight (10 lbs max). Great to see him on track, get Stephens Jr. out there too.

Glad the Cowboys signed a vet in Damein Wilson because that would give Dallas 3 playable LBs heading into the offseason, and they'd need to only add 1 or 2 more guys via FA or Draft.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I just hope he comes back in at about 240 lbs. We need a little bulk to go along with all that speed
If you watch the play he was injured on,it's tough to believe he was truly injured. My guess is they wanted him on IR to save a spot on the roster while they redshirt him.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He’s the new Matt Johnson. The less he plays , the greater the legend around his ability grows. Currently , I’ve got him pencilled into the pro bowl next year
Yeah, we all want every player to do well, but the assumptions for Overshown are ridiculous. We don't even know if he will ever be a starter in this league, let alone the star many here are expecting.

coult44

Reaction score
Matt Johnson the D3 guy, who wasn’t really an athlete, was slow, and had no work ethic?
Yea right!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, we all want every player to do well, but the assumptions for Overshown are ridiculous. We don't even know if he will ever be a starter in this league, let alone the star many here are expecting.
He just has these pencil thin lower legs. It’s hard to imagine him staying healthy playing LB but fingers crossed.

tromofan

Reaction score
It was so sad to see him go down in preseason. A hometown product who was so excited just to be on the team.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Please Dear God, don't let the cowboys put all their faith in the LB on this guys knee. We need to address the position regardless how healthy he is. Dallas always seems to do this crap with injuired players then when they flop during the season they say it's cause it takes them a year to get over the injury. I can hear Stephen in October already. Smfh