Not at all. Your opinion, my opinion.........that's all

Your opinion is a huge exaggeration though

the triple option is set to disguise what they're really going to do

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269319 said:
Your opinion is a huge exaggeration though

If you say so. Not an argument I'm going to get into. I have my reasons for believing what I believe. Does not make you wrong, does not make me right but no matter what it's not going to change what I think.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269319 said:
the triple option is set to disguise what they're really going to do

Disguise what? They ran the ball 792 plays out of 960 plays ran. Meaning the threw the ball only 190 times.

Over 76% of the time GT ran the ball. The only other teams in the NCAA who came close to that was Navy and Air Force.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3269325 said:
Disguise what? They ran the ball 792 plays out of 960 plays ran. Meaning the threw the ball only 190 times.

Over 76% of the time GT ran the ball. The only other teams in the NCAA who came close to that was Navy and Air Force.

a gimmick is a half-back pass

you're wrong dude, just stop

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269321 said:

lmao, did you read it?

The triple option is an American football formation used to offer multiple ways to progress the football forward in the field of play. The triple option is based around the option run, but uses three players who may run with the ball instead of the two that are used in the standard option run. There are three basic forms of triple option: the wishbone triple option, the veer triple option, and the I formation triple option. These differ in terms of the personnel on the field and their positioning prior to the beginning of the play. The triple option forces defenses to worry about multiple running options on a single play. For the offense, the decision of who is to carry the ball (which option to make) is made during the play by the quarterback (QB). The QB makes the decision whether to give the ball to the FB or to keep the ball based on what the defensive end (DE) does. If the DE pinches down, the QB pulls the ball. If the DE runs straight upfield or directly at the QB then the QB gives the ball to the FB. The triple option can be complemented by fixed running plays which start like the triple option but use traditional blocking, as well as play-action passing.

Oops there it is, at the very end sort of "oh yeah" statement.

I dont need a lesson on formations or anything else for that matter from you. Trust me, I'm pretty comfortable that I do know is a fact. Please refrain from trying to insult my intelligence with Wiki. The fact that you went there to describe what you should of been able to explain on your own sinse you were so confident says all I need to know.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269332 said:
a gimmick is a half-back pass

you're wrong dude, just stop

I'll stop it. Not a problem at all. Have a good one.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3269336 said:
lmao, did you read it?

Oops there it is, at the very end sort of "oh yeah" statement.

I dont need a lesson on formations or anything else for that matter from you. Trust me, I'm pretty comfortable that I do know is a fact. Please refrain from trying to insult my intelligence with Wiki. The fact that you went there to describe what you should of been able to explain on your own sinse you were so confident says all I need to know.

it's not an "oh yeah" statement

it's that triple-option offenses are passing out of the formation now

btw, look up what a "gimmick" is

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269338 said:
it's not an "oh yeah" statement

it's that triple-option offenses are passing out of the formation now

Then try to find a more current Wiki definition next time or perhaps you should update it for them sinse that's what teams are doing now.

Like I said and you requested. I'm going to stop now.

Sorry to offend you by voicing a different opinion.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3269342 said:
Then try to find a more current Wiki definition next time or perhaps you should update it for them sinse that's what teams are doing now.

Like I said and you requested. I'm going to stop now.

Sorry to offend you by voicing a different opinion.

I'm not offended

but I watched Paul Johnson's O for 3 years while he was at Navy

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269345 said:
I'm not offended

but I watched Paul Johnson's O for 3 years while he was at Navy

Then you should know it's called the Triple Option Flexbone and not the Triple Option (yes there is a difference) and he himself said you only pass out of his offense by mistake.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3269348 said:
Then you should know it's called the Triple Option Flexbone and not the Triple Option (yes there is a difference) and he himself said you only pass out of his offense by mistake.

where did he say that? and why would he say that when the whole principle behind any triple option offense is to react to what the defense is doing?

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3269379 said:
where did he say that? and why would he say that when the whole principle behind any triple option offense is to react to what the defense is doing?

He said that when he left Navy for GT and everyone said his offense would not work because he would not be able to recruit at GT. I can't tell you the exact context of the quote with out finding the article but he basically made it clear the only reason he passes out of his offense is because the were put into the position where they have to either by stupid mistakes or penalties. The part I do remember is him saying that passing out of his offense is like putting "a square peg in a round hole"

As far as reacting to the defense, his offense reacts to the defense by who is getting the ball on a run play. Think about the dynamics of a run play for a moment. The OL blocking, the WR's responsibilities..........now tell me that at any time the QB can just decide not to handoff to anyone and throw it down field. Either you guaranteed to have a OL down field or no WR's on the route/called for offense PI because they are run blocking.

Very few.........VERY FEW of GT's passing plays came from the Triple Option Flexbone. It's not a offense designed to give the QB a run/pass option.

RS12

Reaction score
SDogo;3269263 said:
Just another reason I have issues with him. Again, his big plays came not because he runs great routes or has blazing speed or was able to consistently beat his man but because any time GT threw the ball it was almost a gimmick play. When they forced to pass more often then not he was a non factor.

I have the opposite point of view. Give him an adequit pro QB and he'll make plays over the middle all day. He is bigger than just about anybody who covers him and should create mismatches constantly. He abuses small corners.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you guys are getting your hopes up again regarding a WR and Jerry will dash them again.this pattern has now become a loop.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
RS12;3270222 said:
I have the opposite point of view. Give him an adequit pro QB and he'll make plays over the middle all day. He is bigger than just about anybody who covers him and should create mismatches constantly. He abuses small corners.

I agree.

Thomas is a big, physical WR in the cowboys mold... I'd love to see him or Ford on the team.