DeMeco Ryan: Texans used Ravens play to block the Cowboys

I really don't get why they didn't replace the ST coach this off-season.
But what if they did and the overloaded side still got beat because the two really great players making a great play especially, Will Anderson or whatever his name is their best pass rusher literally probably the best pass rusher in the league right now lined up and they went right through the hole at the same time You just need to block it up better i'm not saying Sorensen shouldn't be let go after this season or maybe sometime soon.

but you're banking on the fact that even if they were told to do it right, like our current defense, and they're taught in practice, and they have the game plan, doesn't mean they're going to execute it...:popcorn:
 
i really think some of our coaches are going straight out of one of those "Football for Dummies" DIY books because why are we so damn slow at making adjustments? Watch the Bucs block a FG running the same play Baltimore and Houston did.
 
But what if they did and the overloaded side still got beat because the two really great players making a great play especially, Will Anderson or whatever his name is their best pass rusher literally probably the best pass rusher in the league right now lined up and they went right through the hole at the same time You just need to block it up better i'm not saying Sorensen shouldn't be let go after this season or maybe sometime soon.

but you're banking on the fact that even if they were told to do it right, like our current defense, and they're taught in practice, and they have the game plan, doesn't mean they're going to execute it...:popcorn:
I don't doubt that the players made mistakes, but my comment was more directed at overall special teams play last year.

That said, he's the ST coach and has one job .. make sure the players he puts on the field do their jobs.
 
i really think some of our coaches are going straight out of one of those "Football for Dummies" DIY books because why are we so damn slow at making adjustments? Watch the Bucs block a FG running the same play Baltimore and Houston did.
How did you know they didn't make adjustments and address this and the fact is that in execute it that the other side did better than our side in executing and that's how it got blocked which by the way watch the set foot in slow motion and I bet none of you have but I've re seen that play a couple of times I don't how much this affects the kick but his plant foot slid about 3 inches after he planted it into the carpet and then he kicked it and I'm wondering if that through the whole operations off and made it even lower than it was gonna be on the trajectory..
 
I don't doubt that the players made mistakes, but my comment was more directed at overall special teams play last year.
That said, he's the ST coach and has one job .. make sure the players he puts on the field do their jobs.
Correct and I'm in the middle here with you i'm not saying Sorenson shouldn't be replaced but at the same time what if their side just did a better job at execution than our side Doesn't mean they ignored it it just means they got their butt kicked just like the Cowboys saw when they played the New York Giants and the Washington team that they could beat them on the back end and did not need to run the ball as much And if you watch those second half the Cowboys just lit up that secondary because they could they saw it on film and they couldn't do anything to stop it.

I do think that most of the league is is aware the Cowboys can throw it they can sling it and yet they have a hard time barely slowing it down..

But yeah I mean I agree I'm in that crowd right now that if you want to get this teams attention and the rest of the coaching Staffs attention this would be a perfect time during the 10 day break before the next game after the Bucks game to fire Sorenson just to make a statement So they get two things from it you fire the coach and get rid of them I don't know who you elevate That's usually the problem in the middle of the season who's gonna take the responsibilities from Sorenson and do his own thing he was doing before but secondly you should get the team's attention.

Now you pick a scapegoat One that you wanted to make a change anyway but you act like you're just really angry and you've had enough I could see that being really good tactic to use over the 10 day. Before the next game That way they have time to adjust with 10 days off..
 
I don't doubt that the players made mistakes, but my comment was more directed at overall special teams play last year.

That said, he's the ST coach and has one job .. make sure the players he puts on the field do their jobs.
And the irony here is the right side of our regular offensive line also has problems with steel and Ferguson they don't block well and I'm curious to why the same right side is a problem on special teams.. I always thought the right side was easier the box than the left side and all of a sudden we can't block up the right side even with two players that's just weird...
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,215
Messages
14,673,117
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top