Demeco Ryans Anybody?

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
I am starting to get a little worried about all the faith being put into these DE's being counted on to make the switch to SLOB (Lawson, Wimberly) Ryans was thought of highly throughout the season and might be available in the second.

Looking at the Steelers and how they pick there outside backers, they never pick one in the first round. I guess what I'm saying is I would rather pick a player who has some exsperience at the position in the first instead of someone switching positions.

I would like to hear what the rest of the board has to say about Ryans and would he fit in the SOLB position.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'm not positive, but I think he's more of a WOLB prospect
I was wondering about that, I guess I need to do a little research on him I thought he was in the 235, 240 range.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
might be available in the second.

He won't make it to us in the 2nd. He may not even make it to us in the First. If I had to guess, he goes in the late first. He would be a nice fit for a 4-3 team. I don't think the boys want him in the 3-4.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
cobra said:
He won't make it to us in the 2nd. He may not even make it to us in the First. If I had to guess, he goes in the late first. He would be a nice fit for a 4-3 team. I don't think the boys want him in the 3-4.

Late first huh Why do you not think he will fit a 3-4 too small, not fast.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think his stock dropped a little bit due to his Workout numbers. Not too good of 40 timings I believe for LB of his size.

But from what limited games I saw of him, he seems to be a heady player and just makes plays. Probably bit lighter on the side for 3-4 LBer though. He is listed or seems to be listed around 230 or something, but he looks like he is around 220 at best.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I think his stock dropped a little bit due to his Workout numbers. Not too good of 40 timings I believe for LB of his size.

But from what limited games I saw of him, he seems to be a heady player and just makes plays. Probably bit lighter on the side for 3-4 LBer though. He is listed or seems to be listed around 230 or something, but he looks like he is around 220 at best.

220 Dam thats light. It just goes to show you what happens when they start to put the tape on you the way they were hyping him during the season I thought he would be a first round pick for sure.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think he is the most well rounded LBer available.

But I am assuming that since we have heard virtually nothing indicating we are interested, I doubt he is going to become a Cowboy.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
220 Dam thats light. It just goes to show you what happens when they start to put the tape on you the way they were hyping him during the season I thought he would be a first round pick for sure.

I am not saying he is 220ish, but thats how he looks on the field. But he does play great though. Plus he is very good leader and great character guy. Almost fits BP player to T, except for size factor I think.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/ryans_demeco

He is listed at 235 on NFL draft site but notice how high his 40s is? 4.77, and thats why I think he is falling down the draft board.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I think he is the most well rounded LBer available.

But I am assuming that since we have heard virtually nothing indicating we are interested, I doubt he is going to become a Cowboy.

Smokescreen maybe if they trade down?

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I am not saying he is 220ish, but thats how he looks on the field. But he does play great though. Plus he is very good leader and great character guy. Almost fits BP player to T, except for size factor I think.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/ryans_demeco

He is listed at 235 on NFL draft site but notice how high his 40s is? 4.77, and thats why I think he is falling down the draft board.
I can remember when 4.7 was good for a LB my how times have changed. With that said Terrell suggs ran that time but with 30 more pounds. I went and read his info sounds like more of an inside backer.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
I can remember when 4.7 was good for a LB my how times have changed. With that said Terrell suggs ran that time but with 30 more pounds.

No Suggs ran in 4.9/4.8 and thats why he fell from top 5 pick to 10. And that was in Pro-day too, hence people rated him lower even if the tape showed he was a very good Pass Rusher.

speedemn

Reaction score
can remember when 4.7 was good for a LB my how times have changed. With that said Terrell suggs ran that time but with 30 more pounds.

I think this guy is a ILB in the making, with about 8 to 10 more pounds on him he will make a great ILB...IMO

he has the talent and everybody knows he has played there before...this guy can do it all if need be...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
Smokescreen maybe if they trade down?

Not having a guy in isn't a smokescreen -- it just says that you know all you need to about him.

Cowboy Willie

Reaction score
If we draft an OLB weighing 220lbs, we should wait until the 3rd and pick Alston from Stanford. Faster with seemingly more range. Also, remember who also palyed LB in College but converted to FS/SS in the pros? Darren Woodson anyone? Like Alston a lot.

Justis

Reaction score
Ryans is drastically undersized, I think he weighs less than Roy.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Take it from me, Ryans is as good a pure football player as any LBer in this draft even though he may not be the biggest or most athletic.

When he came out of high school, he was not well known or ranked as a national recruit. However, his high school coach, also coached Rasheem Saleed, (who was ranked the #1 Lber in the nation as a high school Sr. and is a former 2nd round pick of the 49ers),and he told a friend of mine, that people would soon realize that Ryans was better than Saleed. He went out and for 4 years proved it by being a playmaking, tackling machine. In one game he broke Lee Roy Jordan's record for most tackles in a game by a Bama player. 22 unassisted tackles.

Ryans is a stud who is so instinctive he reminds me of Dat. He is a bigger, Dat Nguyen.

The thing I don't understand is he has been linked with the Patriots in several reports I've read, but he's supposedly not big enough for Dallas. Go figure.

A good team at the bottom of the first round is going to get a heck of a good LBer.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I love ryans, he's probably the best tackler in the draft. Solid football player overall.