Denim Redraft

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think we left some meat on the bone in that draft. Took a shot at a redraft using Trades that actually happened. Really wish we took that Chicago trade.

Trades:

Takes Chicago Trade (lose #10; gain #20 & #164; 2022 1st)
Trades with SF (lose #44 & #138; gain #43)
Trade with Eagles (lose #75 & #192; gain #70)

#20: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
#43: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
#70: Alim McNeill, DT, NC State
#99: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
#115: Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
#164: Garret Wallow, LB, TCU
#179: Quinton Bohanna, DT, Kentucky
#227: Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
#238: Jonathan Cooper, DE, Ohio State

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think we left some meat on the bone in that draft. Took a shot at a redraft using Trades that actually happened. Really wish we took that Chicago trade.

Trades:

There is a chance Chicago could be awful next year as well.

Parsons better be unreal.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Trades:

I know, allin good fun
Nice!

:laugh:

This is only possible in hindsight and theory
  • Seeing the future where all picks will be selected...which is impossible
  • Assuming all of those trades are available to Dallas...maybe possible but we dont know

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I know, allin good fun
Nice!

:laugh:

This only possible in hindsight and theory
Seeing the future where all picks will be selected...which is impossible
Assuming all of those trades are available to Dallas...maybe possible but we dont know

True, except the first two picks. Almost 100% sure that CHI trade was available to us.

Was also screaming for Dallas to trade up from #44 before we got jumped.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True, except the first two picks. Almost 100% sure that CHI trade was available to us.

Was also screaming for Dallas to trade up from #44 before we got jumped.
I really doubt that the Bears were offering the same package before they had to. The idea that the Cowboys would have gotten the same haul from Chicago is a myth.

Bizwah

Reaction score
And...who knows how the draft turns out if we don't take Parsons when we do? The Butterfly Effect.

We could look at entirely different picks everywhere.

Creeper

Reaction score

I think this is the point. The Bears knew the Cowboys were not going to take a QB and neither were the Giants. Plus, the Giants made it clear they were open to trading down. The Bears didn't have to deal with Dallas. Plus, there were 2 QBs left on the board. But here is my question, what if the Cowboys were willing to take less? The Giants gave Chicago 11 in exchange for 20, a 2021 5th, a 2022 1st and a 2022 4th. What if Dallas told Chicago we'll take 20 and the 5th this year, and just the 1st next year? It is still a good haul.

How about an even crazier idea. What if Dallas drafted Fields, then offered him to the highest bidder? With control of the player, Chicago would have to make the same offer to Dallas they made to the Giants.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think this is the point. The Bears knew the Cowboys were not going to take a QB and neither were the Giants. Plus, the Giants made it clear they were open to trading down. The Bears didn't have to deal with Dallas. Plus, there were 2 QBs left on the board. But here is my question, what if the Cowboys were willing to take less? The Giants gave Chicago 11 in exchange for 20, a 2021 5th, a 2022 1st and a 2022 4th. What if Dallas told Chicago we'll take 20 and the 5th this year, and just the 1st next year? It is still a good haul.

How about an even crazier idea. What if Dallas drafted Fields, then offered him to the highest bidder? With control of the player, Chicago would have to make the same offer to Dallas they made to the Giants.
I'm thinking that the difference between the offer to the Cowboys and the Giants was next year's first.

Verdict

Reaction score

Trades:

If a worm had a machine gun, the birds wouldn’t try to eat them. If your aunt had different plumbing she would be your uncle.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Trades:

I approve this message...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bears are the team that won that trade. They were desperate and didn’t give up much. Getting a QB might have saved Nagy and the GM’s job.

It was a win win. The Giants have a QB and still got a really good WR and an extra 1st round pick next year............ looking at Chicago, that could be a really high #1 pick too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Bears made the playoffs with Trubisky at quarterback. What makes people think their draft position next year is automatically going to be higher?
If they get an ounce better at quarterback, with their defense, they make the playoffs, possibly could win the division depending on what A-aron Rodgers does.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Bears made the playoffs with Trubisky at quarterback. What makes people think their draft position next year is automatically going to be higher?
If they get an ounce better at quarterback, with their defense, they make the playoffs, possibly could win the division depending on what A-aron Rodgers does.
Being in the playoffs last year doesn't mean much, they stunk.

Just like the Commanders, they could be a 5-6 win team next year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Being in the playoffs last year doesn't mean much, they stunk.

Just like the Commanders, they could be a 5-6 win team next year.

Actually, it means that other teams that didn't get in the playoffs stunk even worse.

And the more you stink, the higher your draft choice.

Besides, everyone knows what Chicago's problem is. It's no ancient secret.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Actually, it means that other teams that didn't get in the playoffs stunk even worse.
Yes but the point is that if a team stinks they can easily collapse the next year.

I'm not predicting what the Bears will do one way or another, but it's no more likely that they're in the playoffs than it is they get a top-10 pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To come out of this draft with Moehrig and Farley would've been a waste of the 2021 draft. Sure you get the Bears 1st round pick but its not like the Bears sucked. Quarterback held them back last year and now they have Dalton and Fields......naw....no Bueno.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes but the point is that if a team stinks they can easily collapse the next year.

I'm not predicting what the Bears will do one way or another, but it's no more likely that they're in the playoffs than it is they get a top-10 pick.

You look at it one way, I the other.

I think it's likely that they are better with a better quarterback because of their defense.

But you could be right. We'll see.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You look at it one way, I the other.

I think it's likely that they are better with a better quarterback because of their defense.

But you could be right. We'll see.
Yeah I don't know why people are assuming the Bears will suck. They may suck but they got held back by QB last year.