Denver Area Cowboys

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
My wife gave me two tickets to the 'Boys v donks pre-season game on the 16th, for my birthday, would love to meet and tailgate with you guys...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hey ghosttown, I,ll be there with my other die hard friend of 20 yrs.
We have a few good storys on how we transformed "Jacksons Hole", a large sport bar, with over 70 TV's, that catered only to the Donkys, but that was before we caused such total chaos with our annoying verbal asaults they had no choice but transform into a true sports bar, and actully show other teams games. :D
Man, looking back, we really gave those Donky fans a hard time, they would litterally get up and leave shaking their heads in disgust.
Those were great times.

PM me, and we will get in touch.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I'd love to go to Denver. Not so much to see the game, but to get out of this damn heat !

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2174060 said:
I'd love to go to Denver. Not so much to see the game, but to get out of this damn heat !

According to the Denverites here, it's unbearably hot. 15 consecutive days over 90...oh my!

Growing up in Texas, makes me laugh when I hear folks talk about the record breaking heat wave here...

munkee

Reaction score
Sweet! I hoping to get some tickets for that game. I'm cheap and hoping for a deal. It is preseason.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Colo;2174165 said:
According to the Denverites here, it's unbearably hot. 15 consecutive days over 90...oh my!

Yeah, no kidding. Moved from 10 years in PHX. I'm needing a sweater here. :p:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Colo;2174165 said:

Growing up in Texas, makes me laugh when I hear folks talk about the record breaking heat wave here...

Yeah, I was just up there all last week, and the people freaking out about it. All I could do was laugh, laugh, and laugh some more.

I would take a 100 Degree day in Dever vs an 85 degree day here any day of the week. No humidity, and as soon as the sun goes down there, its cool again, opposed to here when its 96 degrees at midnight.

I love that area though, Colorado rocks.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I live in Denver and had a chance to get tickets to the game but turned them down. If it were a regular season game I would have gone for sure. The idea of sitting in that stadium with the most annoying chants among those fans was too much to handle.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Colo;2174165 said:

And a dry heat at that....its the humidity down here that really gets me...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Guys, I have four tickets, for 50 bucks a piece, ya they are upper level, but if you interested let me know.... first come first served.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2174733 said:
I live in Denver and had a chance to get tickets to the game but turned them down. If it were a regular season game I would have gone for sure. The idea of sitting in that stadium with the most annoying chants among those fans was too much to handle.

Exactly one of the reasons why I hate a non-division, non-confrence rival as much as the Skins.
IN-COM-PLETE... gotta be the most over played chant in the league. Friggin Donky lovers.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2174463 said:
Yeah, I was just up there all last week, and the people freaking out about it. All I could do was laugh, laugh, and laugh some more.

I would take a 100 Degree day in Dever vs an 85 degree day here any day of the week. No humidity, and as soon as the sun goes down there, its cool again, opposed to here when its 96 degrees at midnight.

see i'd love to have it be in the 90's at night make for some good out door fun :)

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2174463 said:

You can have it. Jackets in June? Forget that, im moving from here ASAP.

the kid 05

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2175583 said:
You can have it. Jackets in June? Forget that, im moving from here ASAP.

i dont live in colorodo but i do live in IL, how bad do your winters get? ours get pretty nasty -30...-40 degree w/ wind chills few feet of snow

menolian

Reaction score
I grew up in St. Charles, IL but now live in Denver. The winters don't compare - it doesn't get half as cold due to no humidity. The snow comes in bigger bunches 10 inches at a pop but it really doesn't stick around long. In general I like it better but may be moving back due to work issues.

Greg

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
the kid 05;2175591 said:
i dont live in colorodo but i do live in IL, how bad do your winters get? ours get pretty nasty -30...-40 degree w/ wind chills few feet of snow

Its not the snow per say its how long it stays cold here. Im a warm weather person, I love to do things on summer days (jet ski etc). But I work 3rd shift also and in June it was in the 40s at night, at least until about the 15th or so. Forget that.

I like putting my flannels away and pulling out my shorts and tank tops. It gets cold here in Oct and usually stays cold until May, this year it was June. Now being born and raised in the south cold to me is anything below 50, and its below 50 for about 9 months of the year here.

My boss asked me once if I like any wintertime activities? I told him, "Ya, standing at my sliding door in my heated apartment and watching people struggle in the snow". I dont like to drive in it, and the past couple years we had quite a bit, and I drive as little as possible in it.

Oh and I do go up to Vail and Aspen sometimes to look at the snowbunnies, man they look good in their snowsuits. At the end of this month im moving back to VA and im not even going to look back in my rear view mirror at this place.

And its also beginning to be like little California here, houses are high, cost of living is insane. Insane traffic 24/7. Words cannot describe how much I hate CO.

When God made the Earth, he made CO out of all the leftovers.

the kid 05

Reaction score
menolian;2175695 said:
I grew up in St. Charles, IL but now live in Denver. The winters don't compare - it doesn't get half as cold due to no humidity. The snow comes in bigger bunches 10 inches at a pop but it really doesn't stick around long. In general I like it better but may be moving back due to work issues.

Greg

woah i just moved from there, so you went to Saint Charles High (back before the split aye?)

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2175929 said:
Its not the snow per say its how long it stays cold here. Im a warm weather person, I love to do things on summer days (jet ski etc). But I work 3rd shift also and in June it was in the 40s at night, at least until about the 15th or so. Forget that.

I like putting my flannels away and pulling out my shorts and tank tops. It gets cold here in Oct and usually stays cold until May, this year it was June. Now being born and raised in the south cold to me is anything below 50, and its below 50 for about 9 months of the year here.

My boss asked me once if I like any wintertime activities? I told him, "Ya, standing at my sliding door in my heated apartment and watching people struggle in the snow". I dont like to drive in it, and the past couple years we had quite a bit, and I drive as little as possible in it.

Oh and I do go up to Vail and Aspen sometimes to look at the snowbunnies, man they look good in their snowsuits. At the end of this month im moving back to VA and im not even going to look back in my rear view mirror at this place.

And its also beginning to be like little California here, houses are high, cost of living is insane. Insane traffic 24/7. Words cannot describe how much I hate CO.

When God made the Earth, he made CO out of all the leftovers.

I didn't know that it was possible to hate Colorado.