deon arderson fb conn

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
If he makes the roster everyone is going to fall in love with his balls to wall energy on kick coverage. The guy is machine

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
OMG !! We passed on Walter Payton for this guy ???

... and by Walter Payton I mean Herbert Taylor, offensive tackle TCU.

adamknite

Reaction score
Hey, this is the first pick I actually liked from the very beginning. Nice pick.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1478926 said:
My consolation of the day is watching you meltdown.

It's ok Hostile.

I knew we were in trouble the 1st day.

The guys on the Ticket are having a field day with this.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Great, another FB who can't catch passes out of the backfield...at least he is explosive to the hole.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Pabst;1478910 said:
Guessing we gave up a seventh? Don't know much about this Anderson guy. Anyone have a report?

The character issues with him absolutely dropped him to 195, but there is
NO WAY he would have fallen to 200. Good tradeup...

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Kilyin

Reaction score
sounds like a younger Lousaka Polite with character issues. This pick may go down in the 'what were they thinking' file.

morieeel

Reaction score
http://connecticut.scout.com/2/503690.html
Deon Anderson always loved football. That was one of the reasons Randy Edsall was so high on Anderson when he recruited the hard-knocking fullback in 2001. Anderson’s love for the game apparently is so strong that it has brought him back to the University of Connecticut.

"He’s here, he’s paying his own way for classes, and he’s taking part in football activities right now," Edsall said this morning. "He’s a walk-on who’ll be fighting for a chance to play, just like everybody else."

Deon Anderson left UConn after his junior year, in which the Huskies went 8-4, including a 39-10 victory over Toledo in the Motor City Bowl. He rushed for 99 yards and caught 14 passes for 133 yards while also playing a key role busting up the opponent’s blocking wedge on kickoff return coverage.

The reason Anderson left the team was never made clear, though disciplinary issues were a cause for speculation. Edsall did not comment on Anderson’s departure last summer or this morning. He also didn’t say what made Anderson change his mind.

"He came to me and asked me if there was room for him to come back, and I said yes," Edsall said.

The Providence native was not available for comment this morning.

An exuberant player and a popular teammate, Anderson will be a welcome commodity if he can return to his old form. He immediately becomes UConn’s best blocking fullback and one of its most reliable special teams players.

"He’s here, he’s paying his own way for classes, and he’s taking part in football activities right now," Edsall said this morning. "He’s a walk-on who’ll be fighting for a chance to play, just like everybody else."

Anderson left UConn after his junior year, in which the Huskies went 8-4, including a 39-10 victory over Toledo in the Motor City Bowl. He rushed for 99 yards and caught 14 passes for 133 yards while also playing a key role busting up the opponent’s blocking wedge on kickoff return coverage.

The reason Anderson left the team was never made clear, though disciplinary issues were a cause for speculation. Edsall did not comment on Anderson’s departure last summer or this morning. He also didn’t say what made Anderson change his mind.

"He came to me and asked me if there was room for him to come back, and I said yes," Edsall said.

The Providence native was not available for comment this morning.

An exuberant player and a popular teammate, Anderson will be a welcome commodity if he can return to his old form. He immediately becomes UConn’s best blocking fullback and one of its most reliable special teams players.

Anderson is not the only former Husky paying his own way to play this winter and spring. Defensive back Donta Moore, who was expelled by the school for a semester in the wake of his brush with the law stemming from an incident in Willimantic involving a pellet gun last May, also is making a comeback after missing the 2005 season.

Spring practice begins Saturday, March 18. Anderson is not the only former Husky paying his own way to play this winter and spring. Defensive back Donta Moore, who was expelled by the school for a semester in the wake of his brush with the law stemming from an incident in Willimantic involving a pellet gun last May, also is making a comeback after missing the 2005 season.

Spring practice begins Saturday, March 18.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas got the #195 pick in 6th round

Browns got the #200 pick in 6th round and #234 pick in 7th round

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
deonanderson.jpg

this is what we got​

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Kilyin;1478939 said:
sounds like a younger Lousaka Polite with character issues. This pick may go down in the 'what were they thinking' file.

I don't know if there is room for it. The file is bulging already.

neosapien23

Reaction score
When a slow MLBer has to move to FB you know you got problems at the position. Lousaka Polite is a goner.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1478948 said:
Dallas got the #195 pick in 6th round

Browns got the #200 pick in 6th round and #234 pick in 7th round

212 and 237 left

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
eduncan22;1478934 said:
It's ok Hostile.

I knew we were in trouble the 1st day.

The guys on the Ticket are having a field day with this.

You not liking the draft makes me like it even better

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1478935 said:
Great, another FB who can't catch passes out of the backfield...at least he is explosive to the hole.

Where do you get that he can't catch?

Strengths:
A terrific athlete...Has good size and bulk...Timed speed is adequate...Excellent blocker...Strong and powerful...Has good hands and can contribute as a receiver out of the backfield...Explosive, physical and aggressive...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Has very little experience carrying the ball...Is not very shifty or elusive...Doesn't play up to his timed speed and won't beat anyone to the corner...May be a little overweight...Poor balance...His work ethic's been questioned...Struggled in '06.

Notes:
Actually began his college career as a defensive end...He did not have the senior campaign most were expecting...Definitely has a lot of the physical tools you look for...Basically a lead blocker and pass catcher now but has potential as a runner.

Jay

Reaction score
I go to UConn, have lived in CT all my life, and have had season tickets the past 4 years.

He's a very powerful and very good lead blocker. He didn't have the senior year everyone was expecting because we didn't nearly give him the ball enough. We had an array of struggling QB's who were injured off and on, as well as Terry Caulley (RB), our all-time leading rusher, going down with an injury forcing Donald Brown, a freshman, to step in. We had a young squad last year, Anderson played fine. We ran the ball very effectively and he was a big reason for that.

He's not going to juke people, he's a fullback, let's be real here. He doesn't carry the ball a ton, but he does seem to hold onto it when he does get his hands on it. His work ethic being questioned, not sure about that, he's a pretty strong worker and does have a love for the game.

He will give us just another option. He has upside and is downright violent with his blocks at times.

Personally, I'm excited.