RELEASED Derek Puni Cut

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I read that as something WAY different when I opened the thread. Bout to try and get in before you got banned.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas waived-injured Lance Lenoir and Puni. They've signed tackle Juwann Bushell-Beatty and tight end Marcus Lucas. More details are in another thread.

Too bad on Puni.

Physically I thought he looked better than some other bottom of the roster OLinemen; although, I've only seen a very limited number of his snaps.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Too bad on Puni.

Physically I thought he looked better than some other bottom of the roster OLinemen; although, I've only seen a very limited number of his snaps.

Based on what? I had hope for him based on scouting reports, but next to nothing in terms of practice footage.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what? I had hope for him based on scouting reports, but next to nothing in terms of practice footage.

As I said, I've seen very limited snaps.

One specific snap was with him at RT vs Hyder.
  • #63 Campos was at RT and Hyder blew past him.
  • #60 Puni was at RT and he looked much better against Hyder.

I would say I probably saw 10 snaps for him. He didn't give up much on bull-rushes and his feet looked ok. He is big with a solid build.

I have no idea in regards to the mental side of it. He did look a bit lost on a couple of snaps including one where they were running some type of screen with some OL out in the flat.

links18

Reaction score
This is right up there with cutting Rico for rueage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Too bad on Puni.

After reading this again, does this mean that Puni also was waived/injured?