Derek Ross Cut

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
August 17, 2004

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have released cornerback Derek Ross and signed free agent CB Pat Ricketts. Terms of Ricketts' signing were not disclosed.

Ricketts, 5-11, 180 pounds, was originally signed by the Falcons as a rookie free agent in April out of Nebraska. He was waived by the Falcons on August 3.

Ross, 5-10, 197 pounds, was signed by the Falcons on December 3, 2003 after being waived by the Dallas Cowboys. He was originally a third-round draft pick by the Cowboys out of Ohio State in 2002. He played in two games for the Falcons in 2003, starting as a nickel cornerback at Indianapolis, then playing in a reserve role at Tampa Bay. He finished the season with two tackles and no passes defensed.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/009/787/index.html

baj1dallas

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
What talent?

His athletic ability...you know lack of that isn't why he got cut.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I couldn't see a Mora putting up with a guy like Ross..

VirusX

Reaction score
I like these haters who say derek ross has no talent you should have heard Mora about 2 weeks ago. He couldnt believe ross fell to a 3rd round draft pick. Ross had no problems with campo. Parcells didnt like the fact ross was his own players and a bit immature. Instead of being a COACH he released him. Its his job to control his players. AB has the same attitude as ross and parcells needed AB more then ross at this point but not anymore with Pete as our #2 parcells wouldnt have cut ross if we were at this point during last season. Flame me if you wish I think the kid is one helluva talent and he needs someone to get on his *** and make him grow up!

Reaction score
It wasn't about that, and it wasn't the same thing as the AB thing. Ross wasn't hungry, he was lazy. He didn't get riled up over lack of inclusion on the team and throw a jersey, he didn't show up for team meetings. That's what Parcells doesn't put up with. If all Ross had done was throw a jersey because he felt he should get more playing time and be out there making INTs, he'd still be on the team.