David

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
have no idea why but he's gone...

gee, thought Nors said DeRonde was an ideal "hybrid" type

David

He is an ideal hybrid type. He just doesn't have NFL talent.
BP tried to keep him and develop him a 3-4 OLB but it apparently did not work.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:
You know, that was a good response. I wish I had used that kind fo response for the last 2 years.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
He just doesn't have NFL talent.
That is still kind of important isn't it. With our overhaul of the front 7, anybody who doesn't bring it in camp will be gone. The time to put up or shut up is only a few weeks away.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:

YOU MEAN PLAYERS AREN'T TRANSFORMED INTO AMAZING SUPERMEN JUST BY BEING IN THE MAGICAL 3-4?!!!!!

Next you're going to tell me there's no Easter Bunny!

I hope Nors... Tunafish... BNA and HH don't read this!

Well in HH's case I'm sure he'll just say Zimmer drugged DeRonde and that's why he didn't perform.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:

He was a hybrid, developmental type player. Parcells is doing him a favor to catch on somewhere. With Ware, Burnett, Thornton, Ogbogu odds were totally stacked against him sticking here.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
have no idea why but he's gone...

gee, thought Nors said DeRonde was an ideal "hybrid" type

David

If you had seen him at any length in NFL Europe, you would have thought why is the guy even send there?

Geez that guy seemed to have Zero talent. He was marcelius Wiley of his team over there from what I saw

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
He's not a "hybrid" anything. He's obviously so bad that Parcells didn't even bother keeping the guy around for the roster exemption.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Waffle said:
He's not a "hybrid" anything. He's obviously so bad that Parcells didn't even bother keeping the guy around for the roster exemption.
You mean this time right?
He's been on an NFL roster 3 years running and to NFLE 3 times.
He's definitely a hybrid at 6'5" and 260 pounds.
He's just short of NFL caliber talent but was a very good college level guy who came out at 240 pounds.

He isn't eligible for the practice squad, thus the likely cut to give him a chance elsewhere instead of keeping him for an exemption then dumping him.
We will have 30 gusy in camp just as scrubby if not moreso but they'll have a shot at the bottom 10 roster spots and the practice squad provided they dont have more than 3 years NFL experience.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
jterrell said:
You mean this time right?
He's been on an NFL roster 3 years running and to NFLE 3 times.
He's definitely a hybrid at 6'5" and 260 pounds.
He's just short of NFL caliber talent but was a very good college level guy who came out at 240 pounds.

He isn't eligible for the practice squad, thus the likely cut to give him a chance elsewhere instead of keeping him for an exemption then dumping him.
We will have 30 gusy in camp just as scrubby if not moreso but they'll have a shot at the bottom 10 roster spots and the practice squad provided they dont have more than 3 years NFL experience.

I should have said "anymore."

With that said, he appeared invisible to me in the couple of Galaxy games I was able to catch this year.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Is anyone else sick of the word "hybrid" when describing a player. I just think it means they can't do either thing very well rather than being a compliment.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Natedawg44 said:
Is anyone else sick of the word "hybrid" when describing a player. I just think it means they can't do either thing very well rather than being a compliment.

:hammer:

Correct.

I hate the term.

I hate it like I hate the term "flexibility".

To me it's someone that can't do anything at a great level.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
YOU MEAN PLAYERS AREN'T TRANSFORMED INTO AMAZING SUPERMEN JUST BY BEING IN THE MAGICAL 3-4?!!!!!

Next you're going to tell me there's no Easter Bunny!

I hope Nors... Tunafish... BNA and HH don't read this!

Well in HH's case I'm sure he'll just say Zimmer drugged DeRonde and that's why he didn't perform.

Hey dude, I never said the 3-4 was a magic pill and I never predicted us to run it ... all I've ever done was come to the realization that it was here after the draft.

But I always said we already ran some of the 3-4 last year ... we did on occasion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
Hey dude, I never said the 3-4 was a magic pill and I never predicted us to run it ... all I've ever done was come to the realization that it was here after the draft.

But I always said we already ran some of the 3-4 last year ... we did on occasion.

I'm sorry BNA... I shouldn't have lumped you in with those other guys.

Plus I've seen your picture and I don't want you to come after me! :)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I'm sorry BNA... I shouldn't have lumped you in with those other guys.

Plus I've seen your picture and I don't want you to come after me! :)

LOL - that's not right ....

I'm just saying that I still think we will run a lot of 4-3 ...

We're going to be a team that can run both schemes ... I'm not saying that we're running the 3-4 so "in your face buddy, I told you so" ...

I think we will give a lot of different looks. That is going to be our thing - mixing between the two. But not running one exclusively.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
LOL - that's not right ....

I'm just saying that I still think we will run a lot of 4-3 ...

We're going to be a team that can run both schemes ... I'm not saying that we're running the 3-4 so "in your face buddy, I told you so" ...

I think we will give a lot of different looks. That is going to be our thing - mixing between the two. But not running one exclusively.

That's why you're one of my favorites BNA... you're just so even-tempered and diplomatic! ;)

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:

well, if it's a term to describe a player like Freeny or Suggs, I'm all for it...