Derrick Henry Goes beast mode

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is too old and wants too much money.

Just draft a kid and have a 4 year rookie deal.

I wish I had a dollar for every Henry thread in the last few months.

js66

Reaction score
It's not always a popular opinion here but I'd like to see him in Dallas. Many people think there is no tread left on the tires. I personally would let Pollard walk or come back on a much cheaper deal, draft Oline in the 1st and maybe 2nd as well and sign Henry to a fair, not market resetting, contract. Draft another back 3rd or later or pick up a change of pace guy in FA. Keep Dowdle.

I think Henry would be a great short yardage and goal line option here. He has 35 rushing TD's in the past 3 years compared to Pollard's 15 and he's just an absolute load to stop on 3rd and 2 or less. I wouldn't do a huge $ 5 year deal, but I definitely see the appeal. We need to get tougher and more physical to play against on both sides of the ball.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Can we stop with the free agent talks, until we sign a free agent. Right now it's just getting fans hopes up, and as usual we get let down!
we should kind of almost like have a place where people congregate online about a certain subject and talk about everything.

This particular place we should not talk about the Cowboys and potential things none of us have any type of control over but would be cool as fans to have a place like that

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
we should kind of almost like have a place where people congregate online about a certain subject and talk about everything.

This particular place we should not talk about the Cowboys and potential things none of us have any type of control over but would be cool as fans to have a place like that
i'm not being rude i'm just saying why get our hopes up they're not going to do anything even though they're going alllll in lol

Big_D

Reaction score
I agree.. Henry is the RB this offense needs. A guy who can dominate defenses and take the ball out of the QBs hands. Let's not forget he can break long runs also. That's been missing for awhile here. Make this happen Jerry!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.. Henry is the RB this offense needs. A guy who can dominate defenses and take the ball out of the QBs hands. Let's not forget he can break long runs also. That's been missing for awhile here. Make this happen Jerry!
A 30 year old RB and the contract he will demand? Sorry I have to pass. That isn't a position to pay big bucks for.

Draft a kid and sign a cheap vet. Then fix the blocking scheme and improve the play calling.

Big_D

Reaction score
A 30 year old RB and the contract he will demand? Sorry I have to pass. That isn't a position to pay big bucks for.

Draft a kid and sign a cheap vet. Then fix the blocking scheme and improve the play calling.
Sign a vet cheap? Who would that be? And they just paid an Injured Pollard 10 million. Henry is better than anything we’ve seen at RB in years and you can still draft one.

GermanBoyzBeerInc

Reaction score
I would rather spend 5 million/year for Tony (even though id rather not) than Henry. Recent history tells us, a great/very good back works usually just for one franchise. Cook, Bell, Sanders, Mack, Gurley, Hunt, Fournette come to my mind. I'm sure I missed a few and yes, I know a guy named McCaffrey, but different situation.

GermanBoyzBeerInc

Reaction score
Sign a vet cheap? Who would that be? And they just paid an Injured Pollard 10 million. Henry is better than anything we’ve seen at RB in years and you can still draft one.
Patterson, Edwards, Singletary, Foreman, Scott, Akers, Hunt, Dillon, Murray etc.
For me, the best way to go. Vaughn, Dowdle, a 4th/5th round back, an undrafted back plus a cheap vet. I would rather see that, than paying Pollard or Henry.

Big_D

Reaction score
Patterson, Edwards, Singletary, Foreman, Scott, Akers, Hunt, Dillon, Murray etc.
For me, the best way to go. Vaughn, Dowdle, a 4th/5th round back, an undrafted back plus a cheap vet. I would rather see that, than paying Pollard or Henry.
How many RBs do you think they’re using? I see nothing in those names listed that separates them from the current situation. They didn’t use Dowdle nearly enough with plenty of opportunities specially since you know the likelihood of moving on from Pollard is 99.9%. Plus they don’t have a 4th. So if they’re looking for quality production from a rookie.. then they better draft one earlier. This just seems like a bunch of names that puts them in the exact same scenario with all the pressure on Prescott. Henry and Pollard aren’t the same thing.

GermanBoyzBeerInc

Reaction score
1. Doesn't mean we're not having a 4th when the draft comes around. Plus, I said 4th or 5th. And you don't have to pick a back in the first or second round to get quality play. To much holes on the lines and lbs to spend to much resources there

2. To many? Why? 4back rotation after the roster cuts. Especially when you want to split the downs on them, you need four backs plus at least one on the PS. If you don't have an elite back, that's always the way to go in my opinion

GermanBoyzBeerInc

Reaction score
Just to name a few in recent past:
Tony 4th round

Kyren Williams 5th round
Isiah Pacheco 7th round
Jerome Ford 5th round
Chuba Hubbard 4th round
Jaylen Warren UDFA
Rahmondre Stevenson 4th round
Tyler Allgeier 5th round
Khalil Herbert 6th round
Ty Chandler 5th round
Jaleel McLaughlin UDFA
Zamir White 4th round
Keaton Mitchell UDFA

js66

Reaction score
Just to name a few in recent past:
Tony 4th round

Kyren Williams 5th round
Isiah Pacheco 7th round
Jerome Ford 5th round
Chuba Hubbard 4th round
Jaylen Warren UDFA
Rahmondre Stevenson 4th round
Tyler Allgeier 5th round
Khalil Herbert 6th round
Ty Chandler 5th round
Jaleel McLaughlin UDFA
Zamir White 4th round
Keaton Mitchell UDFA
You start out with two decent finds and then trail off after that.

Derrick Henry 280 carries, 12 TD numbers as the main focal point of their offense, the player every DC is trying to game plan for and stop. This doesn't show up in a stat line, but it's way different being the main offensive guy vs just a guy.
vs
Herbert 132 carries 2 TD's
Allgeier 186 carries 4 TD's
Ford 204 carries 4 TD's
White 104 carries 1 TD

Derrick Henry 280 carries, 12 TD's
Herbert, Allgeier, Ford and White combined 626 carries for 11 TD's

We could try and trade back, at the cost of downgrading our 1st or 2nd pick, and obtain a 4th and draft a Zamir White type player in the 4th. We'll get 451 yards and 1 TD type production. Or lose no draft capital, sign Henry to a reasonable deal and get a proven pro bowler with consistent 1,200 yard 12 TD production.

If I can get Derrick Henry on a reasonable contract, which I think is very doable, I go that way easily. RB is a buyers market right now. There may not be a more impactful player out there and he could come relatively cheap. If I can go into the postseason next year with Derrick Henry or Zamir White there isn't any question who I'm taking.

GermanBoyzBeerInc

Reaction score
I promise, you won't get the King Henry from the Titans and you won't get this "who knows" Henry for cheap. All of the backs are pretty decent to very good. If a forth or fifth rounder hits even just in the decent category, maybe an UDFA too, that's all you need. Henry would be only be a bell cow with McCarthy calling plays. Probably max 10 games with underwhelming production. We'll see, but that would be the most likely outcome, plus 8 figures a year for at least two years.