DEs setting the edge vs SF

Verdict

Reaction score
The DEs have been doing a very poor job of setting the edge, of late, in the running game. Even Lawrence was caught with his pants down in the last game.

This defense has the ABILITY to SHUT down SF, but only if they are assignment sound. If we let SF run wide and get 8-12 yards due to breakdowns in setting the edge this will be a very long game.

I think we will rise to the occasion and get this done by 10, but we will not win this game if the defense doesn’t play assignment sound football.

Basham seems to fall into this class more times than not. Can’t have that happen in the playoffs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
SF is gonna get theirs in the run game...just gotta hope the Cowboys pull thus game out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lawrence is notoriously bad at setting the edge. He is always overpursuing. If Kearse is still out that is a significant loss.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Lawrence is notoriously bad at setting the edge. He is always overpursuing. If Kearse is still out that is a significant loss.
He has a bad habit of jumping inside. Problem is when he makes plays doing that (stops RB in the backfield for 2-3 yard loss sometimes) that same play can go for 20+ yards against SF though. I want to see him be disciplined and set the edge and force everything back inside and have it cut back to the LBs and let them eat.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The DEs have been doing a very poor job of setting the edge, of late, in the running game. Even Lawrence was caught with his pants down in the last game.

This defense has the ABILITY to SHUT down SF, but only if they are assignment sound. If we let SF run wide and get 8-12 yards due to breakdowns in setting the edge this will be a very long game.

I think we will rise to the occasion and get this done by 10, but we will not win this game if the defense doesn’t play assignment sound football.

Basham seems to fall into this class more times than not. Can’t have that happen in the playoffs.

Free Bradlee Anae.