Despite what many think, future is bright

Cowboyny

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC East teams outside of Cowboys still look bad.
-NFC South-could have 4 rebuilding teams when Brady/Ryan retire
-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.

JBS

Reaction score
1. It doesn’t take long for this landscape to change

look at the afc. Herbert, burrows, Allen etc. they’ve been in the league for a very short amount of time. The same can and probably will happen in the nfc.

2. I agree w @visionary - this team cannot win with the current coach / qb setup. Qb isn’t going anywhere, so we need new coaches for now.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
When you look at the landscape of the division and the future of the conference, Cowboys future looks bright:

-NFC East teams outside of Cowboys still look bad.
-NFC South-could have 4 rebuilding teams when Brady/Ryan retire
-NFC North-worse then the NFC East after Rodgers leaves or retires. Fields/Goff don't scare anyone.
-NFC West-Stafford is at the end of his career, Wilson probably departs, Murray/Lance

There is no reason to believe the Cowboys cannot be a playoff team with a high seed for many years to come, barring injuries. Yes, I still believe that Dak is good enough to win a SB in this league, despite all the hate he receives on this board.
Philly has 3 picks this draft in first round. Have they found their QB?
San Fran tough team,
Anyway i am now a prove it fan

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Some good points, except one many don’t realize: Matt Stafford is only 33 years old. Same age as Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins.

Previous retirement ages of pro bowl QBs:

Rivers - 39
Brees - 42
Roethlisberger - 39
Eli - 38
Peyton - 39
Favre - 41

Matt Ryan’s about to turn 37. Aaron Rodgers is 38.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is 39. Matt Stafford could very well be the starting QB for the LA Rams until 2030.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Some good points, except one many don’t realize: Matt Stafford is only 33 years old. Same age as Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins.

Previous retirement ages of pro bowl QBs:

Rivers - 39
Brees - 42
Roethlisberger - 39
Eli - 38
Peyton - 39
Favre - 41

Matt Ryan’s about to turn 37. Aaron Rodgers is 38.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is 39. Matt Stafford could very well be the starting QB for the LA Rams until 2030.
Lol. Stafford maybe 2-3 years. He ain’t that good. Kupp main issue.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
We are in trouble. Eagles will be lot better. Think they win division soon.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right now I want to see how Dallas manages the offseason with, FA and see who we lose in the process. I think how Dallas maneuvers through his off season will tell me a lot. If everything stayed as is, then it would be much easier heading into the draft to get OL help or DT but with the losses in FA what will our needs be at WR? At TE, at FS? and at LB. Cowboys have some tough choices to make and until they make them it is not so easy to say this is what we need based on this past season because the landscape may look much different as they get to the draft.

shabazz

Reaction score
For those that believe that our present qb is the answer, I can see some point to this thread

assuming that just several pieces are needed, there is an outside shot the draft may address some needs but inactivity in FA and the inability to retain current players is going to make this difficult

like another poster said, the contracts and personnel have been set up to win now, or next season at the latest before the overpaid house of cards collapses……however, if one believes that a change at qb needs to happen, the rebuild hasn’t even started yet.