News: Details Emerge From The Cowboys Current Offer To Prescott

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If that is seriously his offer, he was wanting 35 mil originally and the Cowboys were at 32 mil. Now they are giving him his 35 mil and he still is refusing? Seriously screw this guy, he is not only selfish but could careless about winning, the guy is not Peyton Manning, he needs explosive weapons just to make him look above average. At this point i hope we look elsewhere, and to think I was hoping they would sign Dak at the start of all this.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Want to be the highest paid, bring home the highest paid awards such as the SuperBowl the guy has what like 1 playoff win? LOL Let him hit the market, try to trade him, and just go with Andy. Or he can ride the bench for the year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If that is seriously his offer, he was wanting 35 mil originally and the Cowboys were at 32 mil. Now they are giving him his 35 mil and he still is refusing? Seriously screw this guy, he is not only selfish but could careless about winning, the guy is not Peyton Manning, he needs explosive weapons just to make him look above average. At this point i hope we look elsewhere, and to think I was hoping they would sign Dak at the start of all this.

LOL. And Aikman did zip wnen #22 or #88 didn't play. If this was Aikman/Romo, you wouldn't say screw them.

Hadenough

Reaction score
dontpaydak
Its funny because most people who have an unbiased opinion of Dak say that Dak is average. When asked if he deserves to get paid 35 mil there is a pause of silence followed by laughter. I dont think we have anything to worry about. If Dak hasnt been paid by now he is more than likely going to have to sign the franchise tag. Especially now that Jerry has leverage that Dalton could captain the ship while the search for a new QB continues.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Its funny because most people who have an unbiased opinion of Dak say that Dak is average. When asked if he deserves to get paid 35 mil there is a pause of silence followed by laughter. I dont think we have anything to worry about. If Dak hasnt been paid by now he is more than likely going to have to sign the franchise tag. Especially now that Jerry has leverage that Dalton could captain the ship while the search for a new QB continues.
The team brought him from nowhere, empowered and slowly developed him into functional. He had to have potential, but it took a lot of people many hours to even make him what he is now...does he owe someone? Yep, he sure does...

The team has built a very strong offensive line, and special skills player around him...both probably the deepest and best talent for positional groups, in the NFL. Owe someone, you bet...the team again empowered him.

Jerry has offered the same player top of the NFL amounts and in guaranteed money. Can he be hurt on a single play and no longer able to play? You bet he could and the top sitting $106 M guaranteed, is still there.

Now, he is in the 'in fighting' to be crowned 'king of the mountain.' He deserves the newly arrived attitude and non-caring self serving arrogance? One only has to look out the window anywhere, and see many people just trying to find food or stay in their homes. Oh, he is the crowd pleaser for sure, now. I can see all the people in the streets chanting, 'I have a dream!'

Sorry, sign the contract, shut up, and earn the next pay check now, at even higher levels...that it took a ton of others to earn!

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Increasing the average means little without raising the guaranteed money, which has been a sticking point for most of the negotiations.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Might as well use the actual source. It’s Fish

If this offer is true I'm no longer a Dak fan. There is a pandemic going on and this guy is turning down being the highest paid player in the NFL with 106 million guaranteed? This is beyond selfish this is absolutely outrageous!
I do not even know what to say. They are making him the highest paid player in the NFL and that is still not good enough? wow.

I hope they are exploring trade options at this point. Resign Dalton to a 3 year deal and lets look to draft a young QB next season.

There is a fine line between Fair & Greedy and he crossed that line if these reports are true.

BigD_95

Reaction score
If this was Aikman or Romo, would you pay him

First off Dak is no Aikman or Romo. Dak does not have the arm talent of either of those guys. Both those guys made players around them better. Dak needs players to be good and not only that he needs "Dak friendly players"

Second I cannot think of one time Romo or Aikman were the highest paid player in the NFL. I could be wrong on Romo but Im pretty sure Im not.

Also Romo & Dak didnt turn down deals because Dallas wanted 5 years instead of 4.

Sorry this is outrageous on Daks part.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL. And Aikman did zip wnen #22 or #88 didn't play. If this was Aikman/Romo, you wouldn't say screw them.

But when he did have them, what did he do? Dak has never not had really good talent around him. I never liked the Romo deal and I'm on record with that. I didn't love the Aikman deal but I was not nearly as against it, at the time because it was a long deal and I wasn't really sure how the cap would effect things, at the time. I don't think it's fair to say that everybody who is against a mega Dak deal would be cool with Tony or Troy's deals. I think that's not accurate.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I’m a Dak fan. But that’s a lot of cap space.
The cap is an excuse for ownership to give to the fanbase on why they cant sign a player. Its a soft cap at best and CASH is more important than cap and no team has more cash on hand than the Cowboys.